Guitar dvd tutorials

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking to buy a really solid guitar training dvd that I can sit and watch on my tv and play and follow to and learn the guitar.

I want the best training and have no idea whats out there for dvds.

Any names?

I have no first hand experience with these,
but maybe you'll find something to your liking at http://www.justinguitar.com
He's got a lot of video lessons online to check out and DVD courses to order.

Good luck hunting, there's lots and lots of info online (and in stores),
some of it sure to waste your time and money. You have to be cautious with your credit card.

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

If you really want to learn guitar and be good. Take lessons in real life.

A video isn't going to tell you:
That you are out of tune.
That there is a problem with your guitar.
That you are doing it wrong and how to correct yourself.
That you need to practice more of what you learned before something you haven't.

You need to learn things in a certain order in order for them to make sense. Hoping around between things jumping into things that are beyond your current abilities will only frustrate you more. As well style matters. Pick a style/path and stick with it. Don't just hop around from one failed attempt to another. A teacher can help you to maintain focus on what you need to learn when. A teacher will be able to push you when they think you are ready for more and pull you when you aren't. Mostly they will know the difference between the two.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Youtube has some great lessons - FREE too! I learned Crazy Train from youtube!
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

royaldeadman wrote:I am looking to buy a really solid guitar training dvd that I can sit and watch on my tv and play and follow to and learn the guitar.

I want the best training and have no idea whats out there for dvds.

Any names?
You should check out all of the teachers on YouTube.
It's a very good way to see if you like the teaching style of each 1 before you purchase.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

probably best tuts are gibson's training dvds.. there are really professionaly taken way.. give it a try.. i liked it:)
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

I agree with strangedogs, Youtube has a vast array of learning tools, from tutorials to exhibition's, it's a great way to learn for free!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”