problem with cubase 7 upgrade e- licence

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Try accessing the eLicense control centre from the start menu. Select your device from the list and then click on "Enter Activation Code". Sorry if this is already done but I struggled to figure out how to install the license and this was what I was doing wrong. :dog:
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

i dont think that it is what you were doing wrong; it should be the same thing to activate cubase's licence through the dialog panel that appears to you on cubase 7' s start, and to activate it through the " enter activation code" box that appears to you iin the elicencer center

no right or wrong things here, just a mistake from steinberg :x

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

and still no answer from them

Uninstall your elicencer software, download and reinstall the latest version you can find and then try again.

tehlord wrote:Uninstall your elicencer software, download and reinstall the latest version you can find and then try again.
hi tehlord

already done it

doesnt work

Really, it doesn't look like a software problem, more like a wrong license issue. If the eLicenser couldn't recognize the current license Cubase 6 wouldn't run either.

Hopefully they will answer back tomorrow, after Christmas has passed.

Giusmex wrote:i dont think that it is what you were doing wrong; it should be the same thing to activate cubase's licence through the dialog panel that appears to you on cubase 7' s start
All I know is I was going through the dialog when C7 istarted and I always ended up somewhere that I had no idea what to do. I opened the eLicenser Control Centre, entered my serial, it downloaded, problem solved. You are right though, it could be simpler.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

standalone wrote:Really, it doesn't look like a software problem, more like a wrong license issue. If the eLicenser couldn't recognize the current license Cubase 6 wouldn't run either.

Hopefully they will answer back tomorrow, after Christmas has passed.
hi standalone

no my cubase 6.5 works perfectly and has already been licenced; it is cubase 7 that still does not have a proper licence

it is already 3 days they dont answer me; in the steinberg forum i posted this issue but no answer from the moderators, only other customers like me that have the same problem;

ans, as i repeat, i tried to do EVERYTHING: uninstall cubase and reinstall it, uninstall elicencer, update it, run the manteinance , but the problem seems not to be that

THE ONLY CLUE that i have is that, before clicking "continue", after i digited my activation code, in the lower white panel of the elicencer program, it appears ( as if it was recognizing the code i entered) : "update from cubase 6 to cubase 7 EDUCATIONAL...does it mean that the sheet i had with my package contains the wrong code?

it is really disapponting

Giusmex wrote:THE ONLY CLUE that i have is that, before clicking "continue", after i digited my activation code, in the lower white panel of the elicencer program, it appears ( as if it was recognizing the code i entered) : "update from cubase 6 to cubase 7 EDUCATIONAL...does it mean that the sheet i had with my package contains the wrong code?
Most likely.

Did you purchase directly from Steinberg? In any case, even if it was you that made the mistake (I don't think so) they will sort it out without any fuss. Don't worry.

ok no

the fact that "educational " appears doesn not mean anything...i figure out it is just a way of saying "cubase 6 OR cubase educational"

nothing new under the sun

id like to insert an image from my pc here to make you understand what i mean

how do i upload an image here?

You cannot upload images to Kvr. You must use a hosting site like Flickr or Imageshack. They will give you a link for sharing your pic.

Giusmex wrote:
standalone wrote:
it is already 3 days they dont answer me; in the steinberg forum i posted this issue but no answer from the moderators, only other customers like me that have the same problem;
The forum is a user forum not a support forum... contact Steinberg support directly, see here:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/usa.html.

Good luck!
Peace...
bluzkat

Furthermore, I wouldn't expect and sort of support on Christmas day, or a couple of days either side tbh.

you guys are totally right

thanx

To authorize Cubase, you don't have to launch Cubase (actually, you even SHOULDN'T launch it before authorizing).
You must use the eLicense Contol Center. There, you have an option to "download new license" (look on the menu). When you choose that option, a dialog box appears with several small rectangles (it's six, if I'm not mistaken). That's where you inser the new code you should have received with your upgrade (it's new code, NOT the one you have in the old Cubase box you had).
After inserting the new code, the application concts the database, and should recognize the code as to "Cubase 7 upgrade from Cubase 6" or something like that, and will display the licenses you have in the key that are eligible to that upgrade.
All in all, the process seems transparent enough to me. I did it a few days ago (also an upgrade from 6.5 to 7) and did not the slightest problem.
Only problem I can see is if you get a code that is not what you should have get. But, even in that case, you sould go up to the part where it shows what licenses in your key are eligible, but then it would not show anyone.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”