Deep, Dark, Ambient Piano (meditative?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am hoping for any feedback... on the composition, the mix, the master, the sound fx, the feeling. Anything that I can learn to help me.

http://atmastudios.com/random/vaisnava% ... 20Deep.mp3

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks

A really lovely, deep, spaced-out atmosphere. There is a sense of 'urgency', a certain feeling of 'drama' even, which I liked a lot. Some would say "too much reverb" but I love it. It suits the mood and the 'purpose' of the track. What reverb is that? The reverb would be too much if the piano was was solo, but the pad(s) really help to balance the sound-stage perfectly.

But once strong criticism...it finished way too soon! :D Just as I was going in deeper. Back to the mixing desk and make it longer! The track wants to go much further...I hear the pianos fading out over time and other gentle sounds, arps, pads are mixed in...hmmm, ymmy! :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

I liked it too. It has an OST feel to it which is quite satisfying. Maybe add a key (or melody) change after some time for a dramatic emphasis.

Good work :)

Lovely piece. Very refreshing to hear the dynamics of piano playing (even if it is a sample library) after hearing so much sequencer music.

Put me in the "too much reverb" camp. It sounds like the piano was put in a giant cavern. Of course, it's a judgment call. Others will think it sounds great.

I agree with seismic that it needs more variation to sustain interest. It briefly goes to a B section at 0:58 but that section is over in a few seconds and it goes right back to the A section. Perhaps the B section could be extended moving through different chords before returning to A?

Thank you. :) I suck at chord/key changes... I wish I could do a simple calculation or something to find the right next one...

Thanks again. I will lighten the reverb a tiny bit. :)

No link :(

Return to “Music Cafe”