NI Komplete 5 install problems MBP 10.6.3 Receptor rev C Install disk not recognized???

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Trying to install Komplete 5 via direct install. RRC recognizes Receptor. Mac reads install DVD in Finder. But Direct Install rejects the install disk - claims no disk in drive.

The message is a Receptor Remote error
Unable to mount disc code 22/1 (Unknown error 0)

I enabled CD-DVD sharing, disabled firewall. Very frustrating. I couldn't find anything directly on topic.

Ideas, anyone?

bump

bubbajazz wrote:bump
Which OS?

I'm afraid I had the same issue with Komplete 5 direct install and the Mac (10.6. 8) as well and never did resolve those issues.

(I ended up installing Komplete 7 via direct install and for B4II and Pro53--which aren't part of Komplete 7--I did the "Drop Installers Here" install method.)

-John

John - thanks for replying.

I am using 10.6.3 Mac OS, and latest Muse software updates.

Komplete 5 is single-installer, but does have B4II and Pro-53, which are important for me. However - there is only a single installer program, I believe - unless buried in subfolders. I do have Komplete 3 and 4, if needed.

Can you do Drop Install with Komplete, do you know?

Thanks again. This has been vexing - I actually bought this to run Komplete, and so far, no response from Muse customer support on my ticket. Until I get this resolved, I have a very expensive electronic paperweight.

bubbajazz wrote: Komplete 5 is single-installer, but does have B4II and Pro-53, which are important for me. However - there is only a single installer program, I believe - unless buried in subfolders. I do have Komplete 3 and 4, if needed.
What I did (at Muse's suggestion) was download the latest PC versions of Pro53 and B4II from NI's site and used the "drop" method. They installed just fine. I had to follow the instructions for manual registration.

For registration, before uninstalling from my Mac, I copied the reg key(s) that were showing in Service Center for those programs, and then did manual registration on the Receptor.

So, I can't say for sure, but this method (downloading latest versions) may also work for FM8, Massive, and Absynth 4.

Kontakt and Battery may be a different story, but there are FAQs about installing just Kontakt core files on the Receptor and later installing the sample libraries.

In any case be sure you install one plug-in at a time!

Hope this offers some help.
-John

Just an update, and a plug for Muse support.

I was never able to make the problem go away, but Gary in support has helped me obtain a drive with K5 preloaded on. It's a kludgy solution, and there is cost, to be sure, but the problem will be solved as soon as I receive the new drive. The pain will come from reinstalling the original instrument packages provided by Muse.

But my primary objective has been met, thanks to Gary's assistance. Thank you.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”