What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

"Entity" semi-modular VA&PM synth AU + VST 32 64 released

Official support for: nusofting.liqihsynth.com

Moderator: liqih

jensa
KVRAF

1622 posts since 11 Dec, 2005, from Möllevången, Malmö, Sweden

Postby jensa; Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

@liqih: Been awhile, early October to be more specific, since last time you hade some news for Entity. Any thing new you would like to share with us?
liqih
DASH Guy

6661 posts since 19 Sep, 2001

Postby liqih; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 am

honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
So Entity upgrade was delayed and now it's the "right" time for DK+ 2.0 release,
and Scarborough Fair synth is also waiting, Therefore Entity is in the freezer for a while
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com
NUSofting & Dash Signature
Meffy
Skunk Mod

20423 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 am

Luigi, please let me know when things are right to continue work on the manual. Got a nearly-done version if you're interested.
jensa
KVRAF

Postby jensa; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

liqih wrote:honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
So Entity upgrade was delayed and now it's the "right" time for DK+ 2.0 release,
and Scarborough Fair synth is also waiting, Therefore Entity is in the freezer for a while
OK, got it. Thanks for the answer. I wish for a face lift for Entity sometime in the future but I can understand the need to get other things out the door to be able to continue at all. But please don't leave it to rot since I put my money into it when I read what was coming as an update. Cheers.
liqih
DASH Guy

Postby liqih; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 am

Meffy wrote:Luigi, please let me know when things are right to continue work on the manual. Got a nearly-done version if you're interested.

Of course I'm interested! Thanks so much Meffy
liqih
DASH Guy

Postby liqih; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 am

jensa wrote:
liqih wrote:honestly, of course, it's like a jungle of plugins here, I love to do collaborations, but collaborators come and go, have their main jobs and so on.
OK, got it. Thanks for the answer. I wish for a face lift for Entity sometime in the future but I can understand the need to get other things out the door to be able to continue at all. But please don't leave it to rot since I put my money into it when I read what was coming as an update. Cheers.

Don't worry, you just have to wait some more, <grin>

Cheers,

Luigi
Meffy
Skunk Mod

20423 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am

I'll send copies to you and Michael later today. Feel free to let me know about anything you find unsuitable, incomplete, etc.
popskull
KVRist

100 posts since 21 Dec, 2009

Postby popskull; Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Any news on a final version with nice GUI?
liqih
DASH Guy

Postby liqih; Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm

eigens wrote:Any news on a final version with nice GUI?

No news, and I'm very sorry to say that, we realize we promised more than we should.
Making professional plugins it's an hard job and the energy I have alone it's quite
diminished over the years: no more working 18/24 7/7 these days.

So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,
but in any case let me know, I'll do my best to fix that.
jensa
KVRAF

Postby jensa; Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

liqih wrote:
eigens wrote:Any news on a final version with nice GUI?

No news, and I'm very sorry to say that, we realize we promised more than we should.
Making professional plugins it's an hard job and the energy I have alone it's quite
diminished over the years: no more working 18/24 7/7 these days.

So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,
liqih, take you time. Your health are more important than delivering what you hoped you could. Also, transparency is important between human beings so thanks for communicating this. Take care! :hug:
Nielzie
KVRAF

4994 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:58 pm

liqih wrote:So I hope someone doesn't feel cheated for the promise we says to update Entity GUI in a few months,

Not feeling cheated at all, but looking forward to the new GUI nonetheless :)
Spitfire31
KVRAF

1933 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 am

I just 'found' Entity in my AU folder and ran through a handful of presets. It's a great synth with oodles of potential and a rough, vibrant sound character all of its own, especially the wind PM patches!

I really do hope that it will resurface soon and that the freezer doesn't turn out to be in a morgue…

Entity deserves to be resurrected!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
mfkne
KVRist

186 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:01 pm

It's May 2013 in a few days - the first release of Entity was nearly 2 years ago. What about the update to Version 1.1.? Please don't leave your customers with a half-baked product, as I noticed a few (minor) bugs on OS X version. The GUI thing is important, to stay in competition and to get serious reviews in magazines.

By the way: there are many broken links on your homepage (which should be updated) and Entity should be promoted a bit more, I think.

Luigi, go on, you are a very talented man...
Lost in Music...
liqih
DASH Guy

Postby liqih; Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks for everything you wrote mfkne, unfortunately life is not easy here right now, I will do my best
mfkne
KVRist

186 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am

liqih wrote:Thanks for everything you wrote mfkne, unfortunately life is not easy here right now, I will do my best

thanks for the quick reply. what about teaming up with another small company with similar status?

with a good plan, up-to-date website and a bit advertising things will run good...

what about teaming up with customers who have special abilities (like graphics, website development, ideas....) and pay them with rabate coupons for plugins? makes this sense? was a spontaneous idea...

wish you all the best.
Lost in Music...
PreviousNext

Moderator: liqih

Return to NUSofting + DashSignature