Soundset Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro released on patch pool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok. I only just discovered your soundsets so I missed the November specials. I guess I'll just have to wait until you do another one :)

Untamed Spirit wrote:ok. I only just discovered your soundsets so I missed the November specials. I guess I'll just have to wait until you do another one :)
You can always contact me via the patchpool website and I can see what I can do for you, depending on your Christmas wishes.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: ----
Stutter Edit is totally different - it chops up incoming Audio from it's buffer and provides some FX tools to treat the grains, on a temposynced basis, the different setting/Snapshots are then playable via Midi - it doesn't load audio files, only processes incoming audio, so not comparable to Padshop Pro at all.
Stutter Edit from your description is another type of Effects tool. Focused on live use. I've actually never been that much of a fan of the Stutter effect it twists my brain. I suppose it's a type of super scratch effect often used for brake dance. To scramble time.

These athletic/street/circus dance impresses some for sure. I'm more interested in Modern/Ballet eastern forms, martial arts and so on. I get turned off by the IMO overly agressive street attitude. It's not my style because it's not my life.
Sure, stutttering is a fashion but I find it useful at times, as you can hear in the demos below:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... utter-edit

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: ----

Sure, stutttering is a fashion but I find it useful at times, as you can hear in the demos below:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... utter-edit
Interesting and high quality work on the Stutter edit, particularily the Sci Fi world presets.

Stutter edit being an Effect it's dependant upon the input sounds what you would get out of it. I really like several of your demos.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I'm now the proud owner of Padshop Pro and the Granular Worlds soundset! So here's a first track using:

6x Granular Worlds patches

1 Lounge Lizard 4

Four kits on the Maschine.

U-he UHBIK Tremolo fades in and out occasionally on a Group of 4 Padshop Pro Granular worlds sounds:
Hidden Place
MetaFlaggo Pad
Misty Pad
Orion Drone

All from Pads and Drones in unison playing a chord progression moving foward in huge 48-16 bar spaces, Vector mixed in Numerology pro. Usually 1 or 2 sounds are heard at anyone time.

2 Padshop Pro Granular Worlds sounds Flute Heaven from instruments and Scraper Scraper from Weirdo zone, In unison but vector mixed in the same group as Lounge Lizard.

No additional effects on the Granular Worlds sounds or Lounge Lizard.

Maschine playing kits and patterns from the Raw Voltage expansion.

Valhalla Vintage Verb on the Maschine kits

ArtAcoustic CL series compressor used only as limiter.

https://www.box.com/s/1hzxu6hs1682sxva5792
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm now the proud owner of Padshop Pro and the Granular Worlds soundset! So here's a first track using:

6x Granular Worlds patches

1 Lounge Lizard 4

Four kits on the Machine.

U-he UHBIK Tremolo fades in and out occasionally on a Group of 4 Padshop Pro Granular worlds sounds:
Hidden Place
MetaFlaggo Pad
Misty Pad
Orion Drone

All from Pads and Drones in unison playing a chord progression moving foward in huge 48-16 bar spaces, Vector mixed in Numerology pro. Usually 1 or 2 sounds are heard at anyone time.

2 Padshop Pro Granular Worlds sounds Flute Heaven from instruments and Weirdo zone from Scraper Scraper In unison but vector mixed in the same group as Lounge Lizard.

No additional effects on the Granular Worlds sounds or Lounge Lizard.

Maschine playing kits and patterns from the Raw Voltage expansion.

Valhalla Vintage Verb on the Maschine kits

ArtAcoustic CL series compressor used only as limiter.

https://www.box.com/s/1hzxu6hs1682sxva5792
Huge track, Wade!

Thanks Simon. I really like the Granular Worlds sounds. I'm spending time with them and various other tools to try and get my system to work more predicatably and more powerfully. In the past I haven't worked that much with drones and pads so I'm just getting into the possiblities from an instrumentation arrangement harmony point of view.

The sounds are so rich and developed it's tempting to let them go on for a little too long. That's why I've gone to much trouble setting up the triple XY controllers with automation to really force the issue of timbral variation, four pad/drone sounds fade in and out with LOOONG crossfades, I'm not fully incontrol here in these point to point sojourns. The tremolo effect which I've micro modulated the speed paramater and macro modulated the depth or volume parameter acts to get a arresting effect of the pads flow much like trill towards the end of a cadenza in classical music.

I've also work with trigger control of the various single line elements so I get alternating or staggered lines.

All this tweaking and micro managing can lead to somewhat unpredictable results, but by working with the method over a long time, a certain empirical based intuition begins to come into play when I'm setting things up. That is I feel I get lucky more often.

A new Track using Granular Worlds.

4 sounds from Pads and Drones:

Mrs Lushniess DronePad
Orchestral Tuning Scape 02
Spectral Kingdom?
Shimmring World

1 from instruments:

Granular SaxDouble

2 from percussion:

Bell Texture Mellow
Temple Claves

No addition effects on the Granular World sounds

Lounge Lizard 4 1 sound no additional effect

String Studio pluck sound with Trash distortion

Maschine four kits from the Raw Voltage expansion pack

fed into Valhalla Vintage Verb (Demo)

Sequenced in Numerology

Worked more with the 3x vector mixing of 12 tracks in total.

recording in 24 bit 48 khz mixed down in Fission captured into Audio Hijack, exported to Mp3 highest quality in Fission.

Note Fission is only 2 track but you can play two or more different files in seperate windows, I just initiated play in quick sucession so they played back fine for this type of material. I could have used Keyboard Maestro and recorded mouse actions to make the playback start more precise but nix not necessary here...

Look Maw no DAW

https://www.box.com/s/7k0vtt8yirv49b8e9ci8

TwoToneshuzz wrote:A new Track using Granular Worlds.
An epic, yet fragmented fairytale...

epic and fragmented? Oh well it's still early days with this kind of setup, 16 chords over 17 minutes perhaps breaks up into fragments because of the length between changes the sense of continuity gets lost. Note the sounds fade in and out faster than this each of the 16 chords are played at varied registers High x3steps Low x2 steps over a 5 octave range. Except the last chord which is spread over the whole five octaves.

Vector mixing is still a difficult thing to handle because you only really are controlling two adjacent sounds most of the time so it's important to get clear about which "quadrant" the various sounds are in if your after specific pairs of effects. All sounds at 40% percent when the current point is in the middle of the XY field is not very meaningful for mixing pads like this.

To sum up XY mixing for me is a broad and somewhat inaccurate brush at this point. But with practice I'll zero in on the way to get more out of the technique.

What kinds of sounds work best.
Speed of the changes.
Finding 2 pairs of 2 sound that really either compliment, contrast one another.

Thanks for listening Simon.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:epic and fragmented? Oh well it's still early days with this kind of setup, 16 chords over 17 minutes perhaps breaks up into fragments because of the length between changes the sense of continuity gets lost. Note the sounds fade in and out faster than this each of the 16 chords are played at varied registers High x3steps Low x2 steps over a 5 octave range. Except the last chord which is spread over the whole five octaves.

Vector mixing is still a difficult thing to handle because you only really are controlling two adjacent sounds most of the time so it's important to get clear about which "quadrant" the various sounds are in if your after specific pairs of effects. All sounds at 40% percent when the current point is in the middle of the XY field is not very meaningful for mixing pads like this.

To sum up XY mixing for me is a broad and somewhat inaccurate brush at this point. But with practice I'll zero in on the way to get more out of the technique.

Speed of the changes.

Well it's a bit like you're first embracing the listener with those rich chords and textures and then sometimes too early you're pushing him off the cliff to then embrace him again - after a while those fragmentations become forseeable thus less interesting if you know what I'm trying to say :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:epic and fragmented? Oh well it's still early days with this kind of setup, 16 chords over 17 minutes perhaps breaks up into fragments because of the length between changes the sense of continuity gets lost. Note the sounds fade in and out faster than this each of the 16 chords are played at varied registers High x3steps Low x2 steps over a 5 octave range. Except the last chord which is spread over the whole five octaves.

Speed of the changes.

Well it's a bit like you're first embracing the listener with those rich chords and textures and then sometimes too early you're pushing him off the cliff to then embrace him again - after a while those fragmentations become forseeable thus less interesting if you know what I'm trying to say :)
Yes I know what you mean, listening back again. That the technology taking over, I must get more detailed control!!

The vector movements are controlled using step sequencers so I've got to go back and work with the frequency of the vector movements, as well as zeroing in on the chords speed of change lengthening some and shortening others.

Return to “patchpool”