3am - repleat (just a little wrong)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while...

http://www.3amnoise.net/repleat.mp3
http://soundcloud.com/justin3am/repleat

I went to the hospital yesterday to have my gall bladder removed but had a weird reaction to the anesthetic, so I remain unopened (for now). While recovering, I had the time to finish up this piece.

Things used:
Elektron Octatrack
Nektar Panorama P4
Ibanez Bass
Big Muff Pi
Overstayer Stereo Compressor
API 2500
TC Fireworx
Make Noise QMMG
f(H) Plague Bearer
U-He Bazille
Expert Sleepers Silentway
Valhalla Room
Ableton Live
Propellerhead Reason

Heard just before going to bed.

Good, wide and powerful mix. Just when I was submitting to the groove, a few glitches jolted me awake. It put me in mind of a bad guy who was just about to tell his boss that he'd botched an important job.

Thanks for an interesting listen! :tu:

Thanks Ariston! I think that oddly timed acceleration in the beat is what caused the bad guy to botch his job. At least I'd like to believe I played a small part in keeping our fictional streets safe. :lol:

You have got to be kidding me - just rip my heart out and steamroll it why don't you?! I had to crank this up to 11 and go outside with my wireless headphones and jump up and down and sing about how "its 3am do you know where your M-Fin' cerebellum's been" to a couple of freaked out stray cats! Sheer, unadulterated gutwrenching badness is what this is. I <3

P.S. good luck with thine organ removal. If you ever need spare parts I'll cross the continent posthaste, and you know I mean that.

runagate wrote:If you ever need spare parts I'll cross the continent posthaste, and you know I mean that.
Now that you mention it... I think we would make a great Frankenstein's monster together. I'd want to make sure we could keep all 4 of our arms though, or at least three.

Wonderful to hear your twists and turns again Justin. All the hallmarks of your sound are present... from the impeccable mix to the engaging groove, even in slow motion as here, wicked synth sounds, like skidding tires, heavy bass. A treat we get far too little of these days.

Hope all goes well with your gall bladder situation. :hug:
Image Image

mischievous , and marvelous ...

what a wonderful tune Justin. sits well with my absinthe addled post christmas brain.
just brilliant.

neil.

Great sounds on here all the way through, but I love the heavy beat and the bass sounds excellent here. Good luck with the op.

Good work 8)

Wow .. this one woke me up from flu-induced lethargy as well, amazingly crafted sounds, and so much of them to keep you interested all the way.
I don't know if it was the drugs but.. well done, man :)

PS-Now seriously, good luck with the organ removal thing. Rapid recovery to you, man.

excellent stuff as always, great mix of textures and the drums were big and powerful and cool sounding 8)

good luck with the gall bladder and may 2013 be awesome for you and Brit! :D :hug:

Excellent. A keeper. Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”