Mint.io groovebox?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is being developed (?) by amidio, who in my best knowledge are not known to do things fast. Looks a bit overcrowded an interface to me.

It just arrived. Looks a bit too much on a single screen to my eyes, but as it's free, well worth giving it a try imo
http://amidio.com/portfolio/mint-io/

Edit: Ah sorry, didn't read the comments in the App Store. Evidently, one has to pay $5,99 to get some major features unlocked. Actually, it's a shame for the developer not to mention this kind of detail on the product site. :x

yeah,the market for electronic music is not flooded enough with crap so we definitely need another"music in no time"software :roll:

oh wait.it has an intelligent randomizer....i really should give it a try now.

Jazz Franco wrote:It just arrived. Looks a bit too much on a single screen to my eyes, but as it's free, well worth giving it a try imo

Edit: Ah sorry, didn't read the comments in the App Store. Evidently, one has to pay $5,99 to get some major features unlocked. Actually, it's a shame for the developer not to mention this kind of detail on the product site. :x
Hey it was A FREE trial if you like it enough from the demo you buy the full app, otherwise you delete it no harm no foul.
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:
Jazz Franco wrote:It just arrived. Looks a bit too much on a single screen to my eyes, but as it's free, well worth giving it a try imo

Hey it was A FREE trial if you like it enough from the demo you buy the full app, otherwise you delete it no harm no foul.
Would you be so kind as to show me on the amidio site that magic word 'trial' or at least something similar in its meaning?

Well, it is indeed written, right under the iTunes Store link:

FREE TO TRY

Unlock premium mode for maximum fonctionality

:hihi: :wink:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in MINT.io.

First of all, I reassure you this is not just "another cr@p" for making electronic music. It has been primarily designed as a tool that supports the musician's creative process by producing new music ideas and beats.

We have made an excellent-sounding mono bass synth Menthol with some great distortion and a very fat LP filter which can be easily incorporated into studio workflow.

Version 1.1 (update submitted to AppStore today) is going to bring MIDI record & Virtual MIDI which will enable making easy bassline sequences on-the-go that would be later imported into studio DAWs, and "POND"-style Raindrop synths can be used to produce some fantastic unexpected melodies.

We tried to make it as fast and realtime as possible, so there is no preparation before you start jamming. This is a very important aspect to us in terms of mobility.

We have dropped the pricetag to 4.99. Your support is hugely welcome.

just to point this out:with"crap" i did not mean (your)apps/software, i meant the unbelieveble amount of shitty electronic dance-releases out there...Not your fault I know.although an app with"make music in no time" in its NAME let me think you try to reach exactly this people who just want to fire up some random loops/melodies and call that a"track"then.But who am i...maybe just to oldschool thinking and this is going to be slightly off topic.So please ignore my rant :wink:

I bought this and unlocked it.

The rhetoric on the app store was very clear about unlocking.

It is a VERY cool app. It sounds great and happens to be easy to use. It seems cluttered, but it's not. It create some very good random beats and much of them are totally useable.

I highly recommend this product for anyone that loves to create techno, dance, house and dub step music and like apps that are a playground for music creation. It's cheap enough and you get just enough samples and usability to make it worth $5.

Mike

This one is a lot of fun for sure. And sounds really good too. But Amidio, you forgot the "save" button/menu. There is no way to save your projects (the 4 slots for patterns doesn't count). Get on this pronto. How can you not have a save project/session function in an app like this? While you are working on that you should probably put that in the description, which is misleading people right now.

chris1a wrote:This one is a lot of fun for sure. And sounds really good too. But Amidio, you forgot the "save" button/menu. There is no way to save your projects (the 4 slots for patterns doesn't count). Get on this pronto. How can you not have a save project/session function in an app like this? While you are working on that you should probably put that in the description, which is misleading people right now.
Uh, iirc that was the limitation of the free version?

Nah. You can't really save in the full version either. You can save a few patterns in 4 slots. But that's it. Dunno what Amidio was thinking. And as is custom with Amidio they don't care to answer any questions about it.

Could do with an undo button for those accidentally wiped out my pattern moments. Save would be great also.

Great app though. Can create some great bass lines with this thing. The promised Midi export will be awesome.

chris1a wrote:Nah. You can't really save in the full version either. You can save a few patterns in 4 slots. But that's it. Dunno what Amidio was thinking. And as is custom with Amidio they don't care to answer any questions about it.
Sadly, I feel the same way- I see they stopped supporting JR Hexatone- which was buggy and never got fixed. Hard to invest anymore with them.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”