deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

happy new year guys.
I'll get back to work on this track, thanks for the comments
Last edited by wavephonic on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I listened to this song without reading your text. So I thought "oh, another song with stolen/bought words spoken by a female voice". But while the song progresses it's clear that this is a "real" song with a singer singing her part exactly for this song.

Vocals are a bit too loud for my taste and could get along with some more reverb. And at some points at the end she doesn't hit the notes exactly. Use of autotalent/autotune would be no shame.

I like it, though.

bluebell wrote:I listened to this song without reading your text. So I thought "oh, another song with stolen/bought words spoken by a female voice". But while the song progresses it's clear that this is a "real" song with a singer singing her part exactly for this song.

Vocals are a bit too loud for my taste and could get along with some more reverb. And at some points at the end she doesn't hit the notes exactly. Use of autotalent/autotune would be no shame.

I like it, though.
ha ya, we're real and we worked on it together, starting from my acoustic guitar. appreciate your thoughts, agreed I'll revisit this after the party noise dies down. kinda funny my problem is always mixing vocals too low, its a much easier job to trim them a bit. cool, asking for more verb, I may make an adjustment there too, I'll have to listen on a couple systems though, verb can get quickly get outta hand on some stereos.
anyway, ya, appreciate the comments, have a good one

Nice composition, wavephonic. I really liked the pad sounds on here. They had a comforting, soft quality. Some nice chord progressions too. I saw the earlier comments about the volume of the vocals and at first I agreed with them, but as the track progressed, I noticed it less. I did notice a couple of places where the vocals were slightly "flat" later on. I liked the mix on here and the song was nicely composed. There were some good guitar lines with nice tones, as usual.

Good work :)

Happy New Year

seismic1 wrote:Nice composition, wavephonic. I really liked the pad sounds on here. They had a comforting, soft quality. Some nice chord progressions too. I saw the earlier comments about the volume of the vocals and at first I agreed with them, but as the track progressed, I noticed it less. I did notice a couple of places where the vocals were slightly "flat" later on. I liked the mix on here and the song was nicely composed. There were some good guitar lines with nice tones, as usual.

Good work :)

Happy New Year
hey thanks for all the support you give in the cafe, I've appreciated your thoughts. after a morning listen I think I can tame the vocals slightly down, and a couple flat spots I'll deal with, although I do hate autotune, but I guess I should make it best it can be.
have a fun eve and a great new year

Nice gentle tune. She has a pleasant voice.

The weak point for me is the lyrics. So many words end in "tion" that it becomes distracting: realization, devastation, separation, isolation, salvation, etc. It would be more interesting if she used a more varied rhyme scheme. For example, make every fourth line end in "tion."

FrantzM wrote: The weak point for me is the lyrics. So many words end in "tion" that it becomes distracting: realization, devastation, separation, isolation, salvation, etc. It would be more interesting if she used a more varied rhyme scheme. For example, make every fourth line end in "tion."
hmm, ya thats a legitimate critique, when I collab with a vocalist I leave all that stuff to their discretion and I just go with the flow since I can't do either. I'm sure shes reading this so its up to her to reflect on that point.
many thanks for the listen and comment. have a rockin eve

Did you send her the track in advance so she had time to work on the lyrics? Making up good lyrics on the spot is extremely difficult.

ya she had time with the track, I suppose sometimes you get on an idea and roll with it, good or not so good, I dunno.
heres our last collab, I thought the lyrics were really good

Blizzard

wavephonic wrote: heres our last collab, I thought the lyrics were really good

Blizzard
I agree the lyrics are much better on this one.

Illumination + Blizzard :clap: Good stuff !
I like the guitar and effective arrangement on Blizzard. :tu:
(Edit: it sounds Blackmore's Night-ISH)

Happy new year to all of you :tu:

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote:
Happy new year to all of you :tu:

Cheers
back at chya laguna, have the best year yet, and thanks for supporting us.

now I gotta get goin

Return to “Music Cafe”