What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian

735 posts since 23 May, 2011, from los angeles

Postby jam92189; Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:04 am

i love stipbus i just hope we can get it pro tools natively one day soon. I know its a hassle just really working a lot in pro tools lately. and before anyone says stuff about its its because of my clients. so its not like i can just shoot it into logic or reaper until after they leave.
KVRist

49 posts since 26 Dec, 2012

Postby icantdub; Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks quinto for the quick reply, so the gui is as self-explanatory as I suspected, that's great. :)

I've stumbled upon a bug though in the channel strip, when activating any of the high filters from off, all instances of strip stop producing sound and jump up to around 25% cpu usage (only uses 0.7% otherwise). The only ways I've found to fix it is to reboot the project or remove every instance of the strip and replace them with new ones. I've been using the filters a lot and this has only happened twice so far so it's seemingly rare, it happened once with only one instance and the other time in a project with 8 instances. Can't tell you how to reproduce it other than try activating and deactivating the high filter over and over.

I have an intel i5 dual core at 2.3ghz, windows 7 x64, 4GB of ram and I'm using the 32bit version of Reaper. Also I'm using the 32 bit version of strip, I've never had any problems like this with 32bit plugs before so I doubt that's the issue here.
KVRAF

3661 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm thinking of getting this to give my mixes that little something extra. Considering what it does, it seems really cheap. Will it 'just work' in Cubase 6? I've never heard of instances being able to talk to eachother without some kind of setup or the like.
I can haz Electronic Music Stardom plox?

http://soundcloud.com/sendy
KVRAF

3281 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Plug and play ;)
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
KVRer

5 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby wltchris101; Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I just got Stripbus, but the link to the manual isn't working. Can anybody (perhaps Quinto?) tell me how/where I can get it?

Cheers
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi,
all the info is in the how-to page, from the bottom of Stripbus page :)
KVRian

Postby jam92189; Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Sendy wrote:I'm thinking of getting this to give my mixes that little something extra. Considering what it does, it seems really cheap. Will it 'just work' in Cubase 6? I've never heard of instances being able to talk to eachother without some kind of setup or the like.

its just plug and play and works great i recommend it :)
KVRist

151 posts since 14 Apr, 2008, from Berlin

Postby resistent; Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:39 pm

jam92189 wrote:
Sendy wrote:I'm thinking of getting this to give my mixes that little something extra. Considering what it does, it seems really cheap. Will it 'just work' in Cubase 6? I've never heard of instances being able to talk to eachother without some kind of setup or the like.

Its plug 'n' play 'n' never see back 'n' never regret :hihi:
LOVE*FIGHT*CREATE
-------------------------------------------
excusemyenglish
KVRer

5 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby wltchris101; Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks for that Quinto. Loving it so far.
KVRian

Postby jam92189; Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 pm

some65 wrote:
jam92189 wrote:

Its plug 'n' play 'n' never see back 'n' never regret :hihi:

wow who cares
KVRist

151 posts since 14 Apr, 2008, from Berlin

Postby resistent; Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi Quinto,

I have an Issue with Stripbus the linking of the 4 consoles don't work proper for me in audiomulch 2.2.3 and Ableton Live 8.2.1 Win7 64bit. The consoles desks only linked the crosstalk, extra headroom and bypass. The model and noise stays untouched. Or did I miss something?

Thanks
LOVE*FIGHT*CREATE
-------------------------------------------
excusemyenglish
KVRist

49 posts since 26 Dec, 2012

Postby icantdub; Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm

I don't think the console model and noise are supposed to be linked across instances, but I could be wrong. None the less it works the same way for me in Reaper 4. Would be nice if you could somehow link those as well though (something like a group interface for noise and models the way Waves NLS does it), because I don't think it would be a good idea to force people to use only one console per project. That's the beauty of working itb, being able to use Neve, SSL and Adt simultaneously. :)
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes, that's right.
In the next update we'll get a small button near the console menu. When the link button is active the model is linked.
KVRist

254 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Postby lacandon; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:49 am

I became big fan of the Bus v.2 those models sounds very nice to me for some reason .Have to practise more with the Strip plugin to try to suck out more from it as it's deep sea. But
KVRer

1 post since 25 Jan, 2013

Postby quaznizi4; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 am

Finally got a chance to try it out on a project with 4 audio tracks. Probably not enough to really appreciate the effect. I'm going to try it on a 16 track project this weekend. ANYWAY.....

Surprisingly, the thing that blew me away initally was the compressor on the Bus plugin. It is really nice ...and I'd venture to say that I like it better than the SSL compressor on the UAD platform.

The SKnote compressor " knocks harder " at low ratios ( perhaps the knee is more sharp ? ) , which is what I like. ( I would have almost guessed that the ratios are higher than displayed on the control panel ). Peope say the SSL is punchy...but I never really felt that way. I've always felt that the DBX 160 is punchy...the SSL 2 bus compressor seems more smooth in my view.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to appreciate the console emulation.

But, for now .... love the compressor. Love it.

lacandon wrote:I became big fan of the Bus v.2 those models sounds very nice to me for some reason .Have to practise more with the Strip plugin to try to suck out more from it as it's deep sea. But
PreviousNext

Moderator: quintosardo

Return to SKNote