Polyslax - Immutable

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Closing out 2012 with a little melancholy look back at the year that was.

Immutable

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/immutable

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

It has a very suspended, haunting feel. And yet it still manages to have movement. Pretty much exactly how I feel right now. Suspended, but as if the future were gravity, pulling us into it. Like we're all falling face up, and we can't roll over to see what's going to happen.

OMG! Are those chord changes? :o :shock: (Faints from the shock)

A lovely introspective piece. There's less than the usual level of detail in the sound design but this is somewhat compensated by those fancy schmancy chord changes. :)

Beautiful. Like the clicking beat. Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Less than three minutes? I feel robbed! :hihi:
Some really great sounds. Thanks. :)

:) Yeah, a real short one for me. Thanks much guys, and Happy New Year to all... off for a wee tipple now...
Image Image

Beautiful :love:

Was this the track that was giving you problems from a sound design angle? If so, it must have worked out very well 'cos it sounds great to me. I've heard three great pieces in the Cafe tonight, but this was the best. I got some "Silent Sorrow In Empty Boats" vibes from this (minus the Mellotron). That clicking beat reminded me of a clock ticking.

Great track :tu:

Thanks a lot Tim, and nice of you to reference one of my favourite albums. :)

No issues SD wise with this, actually the main part was done back at the beginning of July, just threw some piano, flute and fx on and called it a wrap.
Image Image

such beauty in such a tiny package. perfect :love:

neil.

Sounds like the second weightlessness kick in on mans first journey into space.

not that I would know, but I bet it'd be like this...in awe and amazement, such a grand feeling.

Great track!

Wot Dem Sed.
Very nice.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

seismic1 wrote: Was this the track that was giving you problems from a sound design angle?
Sorry. I should have addressed this to FrantzM

Hey Matt

How can you make such a nice track so easily? Just slap some instruments together and done!?! :)

It's lovely though... cinematic, yes... great mood.

thanks man

seismic1 wrote:
seismic1 wrote: Was this the track that was giving you problems from a sound design angle?
Sorry. I should have addressed this to FrantzM

My next track is almost ready. I wanted to make a lot of progress on it last weekend but a friend's kid sent me four college essays to review at the last minute that were due Jan 1. The essays needed a lot of work. :shock:

I'm spending a lot of time on the track attempting to make it better than the last one. Here's a pad that I programmed for it using RayBlaster which I just bought. I'm playing a few random chords here to demo the sound:

Fragile Gods "RayBlaster Demo" (2 min 4 sec @ 320kbps)

I also ran many sounds through TubeStation, a hardware tube compressor, intentionally distorting the sounds and got some interesting results.

The sound design is done. I'm just finishing up the mix and vocals. Hopefully, I can finish it next weekend. After work and my long commute, I don't have time to do much music during the week.

@Frantz: The Rayblaster sounds great, a friend asked me to try the demo, he is thinking of buying it. Awesome pads, makes think I should dig deeper in my Absynth, there's still a lot of weird pads inside it too.

Return to “Music Cafe”