bluedad cover project 1 Norwegian Wood

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did no recording at all in 2012, devoting myself instead to all things heavy metal (as in those things that run on two wheels).
But now having built a new computer for recording, and several purchases over the last year, it was time to get down to it.
Only thing was, I'd not written anything to record! So, not wanting to be slowed down in my new found enthusiasm, decided doing covers, at least for the time being, would give me the opportunity to get my feet wet again. In addition, the hope that re-exploring the music that initially inspired me to pick up a guitar almost 50 years ago, would help me get back some inspiration to write my own stuff again.
So why this song? It's a risk to do any Beatle tune anymore, it's been done to death and besides who could hope to do better than the original? Well, it's got a sweet little riff and something I might doodle on in passing moments when I might pick up my guitar. It's the simplicity that made me choose it finally. I'm easing myself back into this, so I didn't want something too complex. So forgive me, this self indulgence.

Norwegian Wood

Cubase
Taylor guitar
Squire Bass
Alchemy
Eddie Kramer series plugins (demoing)
spitfish
T Racks mastering

Nothing wrong with the choice of material from this end. Good recording. The guitar sounds nice and clear and the vocals are lovely. Lovely harmonies too.

Good work :)

very nice cover, i like the chorus vocals especially.

:clap: :)
"It dreamed itself along"

:tu:

awesome!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

That was real nice. Well done, just sparse enough to be open and full enough to be interesting. Nice vox and good vibes in general throughout. Thanks!

Lovely version.
Great vocals and beautiful clean recording.
Thanks,
:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

mrs. normal burst into the room , w/ flashing hearts in her eyes ...
really great cover , gary ...
great to hear your voice again ...

Cool cover version. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Liked this a lot. If you're interested in criticism, I'd say the percussion track sounds out of time or at least a bit awkward in the bridge (or is it chorus? "She asked me ...").

A little story: In my student days, a group of us were sitting in a dorm room. Someone was strumming this song on a guitar, and I said "Norwegian Wood", the guitarist said "yeah, that's right" and a third guy said "Wow, that's amazing. You can hear what kind of wood his guitar is made of just from listening to him play!"

This is fantastic Gary! :D

Probably my favourite Beatles song so it would have to be a good cover for me to like it. I love it. Great job.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

@normal - lol, thanks for that image!
@skipscada - thanks for the criticism; I'll explore what is going on there.
Many thanks y'all, for the encouraging words.

Cool, I wouldn't worry too much about doing covers, haters gonna hate either way.

I think your voice sounds quite similar to McCartneys.. but maybe' it's just me ;)

This is a track I know well, and I think you've done an excellent job of covering it. In some ways it is cleaner than the original. :clap: :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”