Swollen (ElectroProg - Seismic Elbow Lamentation - Now with Video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my favourite piece i've heard from you , by far ...
focused , and tight , w/o pedantic repetition ...

well crafted ...
the main theme lingers long after the track has ended ...

seismic1 wrote: That's funny about the bass comments. When I started remixing this a couple of weeks ago I thought "I'll show that FrantzM some bass" :) Seriously, I don't usually load up my tracks with a lot of bass, but with this one I just felt that the vibe of the track would suit it, and I was thinking about those earlier comments, so I went ahead and voilà.
:D Yes, you certainly showed me! Both this and "Itch" were bassfests and I really enjoyed them. On "Swollen", I thought the two higher basslines (the initial one and the arpy discoish one) worked brilliantly. Alternating between them and occasionally combining them gave the track a lot of energy.

Having an independent sub-bassline really surprised me. After careful listening, I can see how it runs underneath and compliments the higher ones. But it wasn't initially obvious to me what the sub-bass was doing and it may have made the track a little murky at times.

Shangsean wrote:One of your best for sure. This would work well in an arcade racing game. That's the first thing that came to mind when I listened to it. Pretty much the same theme carries all the way through, but you somehow managed to keep it interesting.

I don't really do or listen to electronic music, but this makes me feel like looking into it more.
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Shangsean. Glad you liked it :)

Now I've had a late-night driving and an arcade racing reference. The field is narrowing.

Maybe you could combine your penchant for producing OST-style orchestral style music with more obvious electronic instrumentation. It might be a good fit for the games market.

Hey seismic, great track, truly a great way to start the new year.

Love the simplistic yet driving and full groove.
The synths are really hipnotic, they grab your attention, the chords, everything.
Brilliant!

Thanks man

folderol wrote:Typing as I listen - for me this really picks up after the first minute. Some delicious sounds interleaved. Nice drop around 3:00. I get the feeling it sort of levels off a bit from about 4:40 onwards, but still very enjoyable.
Thanks very much for listening and for the comments, folderol. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Most of the addition has already taken place by 4:40 apart from the amphetamine pads and the Permut8 accents. For best results I would advise a reasonably high volume :shock:

normal wrote:my favourite piece i've heard from you , by far ...
focused , and tight , w/o pedantic repetition ...

well crafted ...
Thanks very much for the kind comments, norm. Glad you liked it :)
normal wrote: the main theme lingers long after the track has ended ...
I hope that's a good thing :o

composition, production, mix - really tasty work. Definitely enjoyed this!

:tu:

nice work with the synths...fine job mixing...over all cool production you have here.

Seems like everything fits really well, your hard work shows.

I hate when I sound like a fortune cookie. 8)

Cheers!

FrantzM wrote:
seismic1 wrote: That's funny about the bass comments. When I started remixing this a couple of weeks ago I thought "I'll show that FrantzM some bass" :) Seriously, I don't usually load up my tracks with a lot of bass, but with this one I just felt that the vibe of the track would suit it, and I was thinking about those earlier comments, so I went ahead and voilà.
:D Yes, you certainly showed me! Both this and "Itch" were bassfests and I really enjoyed them. On "Swollen", I thought the two higher basslines (the initial one and the arpy discoish one) worked brilliantly. Alternating between them and occasionally combining them gave the track a lot of energy.

Having an independent sub-bassline really surprised me. After careful listening, I can see how it runs underneath and compliments the higher ones. But it wasn't initially obvious to me what the sub-bass was doing and it may have made the track a little murky at times.
The next track has some doubled basslines too, I think, but they are somewhat different in style to those here. I'm having problems loading the project into EnergyXT right now. It was made on my old XP machine 30 months ago in an older version of eXT (2.5.3). The current versions (2.7beta and 2.6) seem to corrupt parts of the project. I'm currently trying to work around that showstopper :(

Glad you enjoyed this, FranzM :)

Mariosprt wrote:Hey seismic, great track, truly a great way to start the new year.

Love the simplistic yet driving and full groove.
The synths are really hipnotic, they grab your attention, the chords, everything.
Brilliant!

Thanks man
Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, Mariosprt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

seismic1 wrote:[I'm having problems loading the project into EnergyXT right now. It was made on my old XP machine 30 months ago in an older version of eXT (2.5.3). The current versions (2.7beta and 2.6) seem to corrupt parts of the project. I'm currently trying to work around that showstopper :(
I went through an extreme version of this recently. I decided I wanted to redo a few of my oldest tracks that were done in Cubase going as far back as 1999. I still had the original files which just had MIDI data stored in Cubase's project format. Not only do I not use Cubase anymore, I found out the current version of Cubase can't read the old format. Fortunately someone on the Cubase forum had the old version of Cubase running and was able to extract the MIDI for me. From now on, I am going to always keep a MIDI version of every song since that is the only universal format.

bluedad wrote:composition, production, mix - really tasty work. Definitely enjoyed this!
Thanks very much for the great comments and for listening, bluedad. Glad you enjoyed it :)

M.Brösel wrote::tu:
Thanks very much M. Glad you liked it 8)

Yes, maybe it's a song for a video :love:

M.

Return to “Music Cafe”