What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

(Resolved) Spectrumworxv2.7 Crashing

Official support for: littleendian.com

Moderator: Danijel.Domazet

User avatar
KVRist
 
66 posts since 23 Apr, 2009, from Toronto

Postby gkuly; Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 am (Resolved) Spectrumworxv2.7 Crashing

Greetings; I've had SpectrumWorx on my PC since v2.4, and it's been pretty solid, but v2.7 is giving me alot of grief.

Since installing it earlier today ago, i've gotten frequent stalls, which produced jBridge Opcode messages 14, 15, 19, and 3 plus 7 together (in the same jBridge popup). Ultimately, SpectrumWorx is crashing Cubase altogether.

Anyone else seeing these sorts of problems with v2.7? I've got an i5 Sandy Bridge on an ASUS P9P67 with 8G of RAM and 3 SATA HDDs. I run Cubase v6.5 x64 on Windows 7 x64, with an RME Multiface and a couple assorted DSP cards (UAD2 and Duende).

As indicated, i use SpectrumWorx via jBridge.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Glenn
'Auricle'
KVRian
 
716 posts since 19 Jul, 2008

Postby losan; Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I reported V2.7 crashes in the "Bugs ?" thread (at top of the forum).
BTW, in my case without using a bridge.
Seems it hasn't been noticed so far, I think I better contact Little Endian via email in regards to it.


Cheers
User avatar
KVRist
 
66 posts since 23 Apr, 2009, from Toronto

Postby gkuly; Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 pm

FWIW i installed the previous version of SW before installing v2.7. I wonder if it would make a diff if i install 2.7 over a stable version.

Regards
Glenn
'Auricle'
KVRist
 
87 posts since 29 Jun, 2009, from Zagreb

Postby psiha; Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 am

gkuly wrote:Greetings; I've had SpectrumWorx on my PC since v2.4, and it's been pretty solid, but v2.7 is giving me alot of grief.

Since installing it earlier today ago, i've gotten frequent stalls, which produced jBridge Opcode messages 14, 15, 19, and 3 plus 7 together (in the same jBridge popup). Ultimately, SpectrumWorx is crashing Cubase altogether.

Anyone else seeing these sorts of problems with v2.7? I've got an i5 Sandy Bridge on an ASUS P9P67 with 8G of RAM and 3 SATA HDDs. I run Cubase v6.5 x64 on Windows 7 x64, with an RME Multiface and a couple assorted DSP cards (UAD2 and Duende).

As indicated, i use SpectrumWorx via jBridge.

Any suggestions?


Hi Glenn, unfortunately we cannot provide support for bridged operation. Can you please see whether you have similar problems in 32 bit hosts?

We have already identified a few issues with 2.7 (one is a serious bug causing crashes when for example whe the Input gain knob/parameter is used in certain situations in certain hosts, e.g. Live) and we'll be releasing a bug fix 2.7.1 release very soon (so please report any bugs you've encountered with 2.7.0 ASAP ;)
Domagoj Šarić
software architect
Little Endian
"SpectrumWorx 2.9 released!"
Company Forum.
KVRist
 
87 posts since 29 Jun, 2009, from Zagreb

Postby psiha; Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:42 am

ps. please report bugs in the "Bugs?" thread ;)
Domagoj Šarić
software architect
Little Endian
"SpectrumWorx 2.9 released!"
Company Forum.
User avatar
KVRist
 
66 posts since 23 Apr, 2009, from Toronto

Postby gkuly; Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am

psiha wrote:We have already identified a few issues with 2.7 (one is a serious bug causing crashes when for example whe the Input gain knob/parameter is used in certain situations in certain hosts, e.g. Live) and we'll be releasing a bug fix 2.7.1 release very soon (so please report any bugs you've encountered with 2.7.0 ASAP ;)


Not sure if you want me to continue this thread under 'Bugs' or keep on going here.

I tried v2.7 w/out jBridge, and the plugin didn't work at all. The GUI appeared, but with no functionality.

I've gone back to v2.6

Regards
Glenn
'Auricle'
KVRist
 
87 posts since 29 Jun, 2009, from Zagreb

Postby psiha; Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 am

gkuly wrote:Not sure if you want me to continue this thread under 'Bugs' or keep on going here.

I tried v2.7 w/out jBridge, and the plugin didn't work at all. The GUI appeared, but with no functionality.

I've gone back to v2.6

Regards
Glenn


We'll continue here now that the thread exists ;)

From the description it seems that you tried w/o jBridge but still within the 64 bit Cubase (using its builtin bridge), that certainly will not work...I was thinking if you could try without _any_ bridge, i.e. in a 32 bit host...

In any case, 2.7.1 should be up today so please give it a try and report back...thanks ;)
Domagoj Šarić
software architect
Little Endian
"SpectrumWorx 2.9 released!"
Company Forum.
User avatar
KVRist
 
66 posts since 23 Apr, 2009, from Toronto

Postby gkuly; Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

psiha wrote:...I was thinking if you could try without _any_ bridge, i.e. in a 32 bit host...

In any case, 2.7.1 should be up today so please give it a try and report back...thanks ;)


Greetings; I don't have any 32-bit DAW program set up presently.

I'll give v2.7.1 a shot, thanks.

Regards
Glenn
'Auricle'
KVRist
 
87 posts since 29 Jun, 2009, from Zagreb

Postby psiha; Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 am

gkuly wrote:Greetings; I don't have any 32-bit DAW program set up presently.


I guess then we better hurry up with the 64bit version :D


gkuly wrote:I'll give v2.7.1 a shot, thanks.


Sorry, we didn't make it yesterday...it's up now so you can give it a spin ;)
Domagoj Šarić
software architect
Little Endian
"SpectrumWorx 2.9 released!"
Company Forum.
KVRist
 
43 posts since 29 Jun, 2012

Postby J.Hartmann; Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 am

2.7.3 is impossible to use with jBridge and Ableton Live :( Did anyone find a way?

Please work on the x64 release!
User avatar
KVRist
 
66 posts since 23 Apr, 2009, from Toronto

Postby gkuly; Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 am

I tried using Spectrumworx on a track this morning -- this plugin has been all-but unusable up to this point for me, and I wanted to see how it behaves with the newest versions of Cubase (v7.05). I'm using SW v2.8.

Spectrumworx is worse than ever on my system, crashing Cubase and my PC (Win 7 x64).

What sort of help can i get in terms of getting this plugin working on my DAW? It would sure be nice to be able to actually use it.

Regards
Glenn
Last edited by gkuly on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Auricle'
KVRAF
 
4687 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:57 am

J.Hartmann wrote:2.7.3 is impossible to use with jBridge and Ableton Live :( Did anyone find a way?

Please work on the x64 release!


Same here.

Wish a 64 bit version would come out.
KVRist
 
363 posts since 3 Apr, 2009
 

Postby Danijel.Domazet; Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 am

gkuly wrote:I tried using Spectrumworx on a track this morning -- this plugin has been all-but unusable up to this point for me, and I wanted to see how it behaves with the newest versions of Cubase (v7.05). I'm using SW v2.8.

Spectrumworx is worse than ever on my system, crashing Cubase and my PC (Win 7 x64).

What sort of help can i get in terms of getting this plugin working on my DAW? It would sure be nice to be able to actually use it.

Regards
Glenn


Hi Glenn,
SpectrumWorx doesn't support 64-bit, nor any 32-to-64 bridging.

However, 64-bit version is in works, and should be out this month. We hope you can wait for a few more weeks.

Regards.
LittleEndian.com
|Consumers|Developers|
KVRist
 
363 posts since 3 Apr, 2009
 

Postby Danijel.Domazet; Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 am

dusted william wrote:
Wish a 64 bit version would come out.


Comming soon... :wink:
LittleEndian.com
|Consumers|Developers|
KVRist
 
363 posts since 3 Apr, 2009
 

Postby Danijel.Domazet; Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 am

Version 2.9.0 released: with 64-bit support.

Download.

:wink:
LittleEndian.com
|Consumers|Developers|

Moderator: Danijel.Domazet

Return to Little Endian