Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, for me Live 9 made me re-kindle my love for Logic :-).

Zone-Ghost wrote:I own (actually paid for) Suite 8 & M4L, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT if I REALLY wanted to run specific effects while doing a live show, but like every other professional who uses Live for live shows (ie: everyone), you work around it. Unfortunately, you'll have to bounce the clip or get a lower latency plug if you're playing live. That, or deal with a .5 ms delay on your crazy circuit-modeled EQ or tube saturator. Welcome to software. I'm willing to trade this strangely overlooked feature in exchange for the other unique feature's present in Live. I'm not happy about lacking dual monitors either, but that's not a big enough reason for me to jump in to Logic or Cubase again. If it is for you, be my guest. :)
Well said :-)

I may just upgrade Just for the Audio to Midi by Timbre function.

I'm fine with Midi to Audio feature.

Seems live 9 has an expected release date in February.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ableton-Pus ... 2897935.gc

It does seem to imply it somewhat. Let's hope so!

Meh, take yer time, I can't afford push right now!

I need to update to suite before it's too late!

dw

dusted william wrote:I need to update to suite before it's too late!

dw
YEAH you do!!!!! :party:

It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:

koalaboy wrote:It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:
Yup. On it.

robojam wrote:
koalaboy wrote:It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:
Yup. On it.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Overnight download I think ... servers running around 50kb - 4 hours+ will be a fun weekend.

Just a quickie what is the necessaity/need for Max for Live please?

Thanks

headquest wrote:
Zone-Ghost wrote:I own (actually paid for) Suite 8 & M4L, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT if I REALLY wanted to run specific effects while doing a live show, but like every other professional who uses Live for live shows (ie: everyone), you work around it. Unfortunately, you'll have to bounce the clip or get a lower latency plug if you're playing live. That, or deal with a .5 ms delay on your crazy circuit-modeled EQ or tube saturator. Welcome to software. I'm willing to trade this strangely overlooked feature in exchange for the other unique feature's present in Live. I'm not happy about lacking dual monitors either, but that's not a big enough reason for me to jump in to Logic or Cubase again. If it is for you, be my guest. :)
Well said :-)
I like this...thank you!

Thought I'd bite the bullet and upgrade from v6... Feb release you say?
(nice price for me.. I paid $100 for v6 ...and upgrade to 9 via 8 is $150.. $250 all up for standard version!:) )

I'm really liking the suite 9 upgrade right now.

The beta is awesome. So happy.

dw

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”