Eisenberg Einklang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Einklang

Do anybody use or hearded about this synth?

http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/

For me there to sparsely in meanings ot tweaking.
The have "invented" a new tech called AIST - but I can hear some new steps in DSP coding either nine years of dev.

What do u think about it, guys?
I´m new be patient

Looks interesting. Perhaps similar to the old Hartmann Neuron, only with fixed models. Looks like they're not getting much exposure. Most of the sound examples on their Soundcloud have fewer than 50 listens.

Even after reading the website I got no clue what this is about and the interface looks a bit too simple maybe.

The thing with the tone colors and the mixer reminds me a bit of the Plex synth.

The trial version download does not seem to work at the moment.

The pre-order price of 195 Euros for the extended version is a bit too much for my taste and the final price of 279 Euros is insane.

The concept sounds interesting but i have to get my hands on the trial version to get a clue about this. Based on the small amount of controls i got no clue how this could be really interesting for sound designers.

UPDATE:
Found this video which maybe shows a bit more about the interface:
http://www.musotalk.de/video/sae-alumni ... -einklang/

As far as i understand the explanation in that video those sound sources are more than just samples but complete models of those sounds. This means that the morphing triangle seems to work beyond a classical mixer but it mixes different instrument models resulting in totally new instruments.

Still reminds me a bit of the Plex synth.

Anyway what is strange about Einklang is that the options to control the sound over time are quite limited. So far i have only noticed the Attack and Release values for the loudness and the modulation section which looks like a LFO.
To me it would be obvious that you should be able to record the movement of the triangle but this is not mentioned anywhere AFAIK.

This seems to be the complete interface:

It looks like most of the control of the parameters of time only works with automation inside a DAW. Difficult to create a soundset with this kind of modulation.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Looks interesting but way over priced for something that is so closed. The idea is basically like the one in the Neuron.

The demos are not yet available it says, but hey, it's almost a gig (928megs) in size ha-ha. I dunno, call me skeptical, but it look like an SM unit to me, and 9 years in development, for a triangle that lights up when crossfading between two samples, on a synth with like 8 controls total ? I don't get it....

I'm not sure who his customer is. The focus on simplicity sounds like it's aimed at the casual iPhone musician, and I can picture that GUI running on an iOS device. But the emphasis on it being groundbreaking technology sounds like it's geared towards professionals, who would definitely want more control and cope easily with more complex interfaces.

It's common to have two different interfaces on soft synths - a full-control panel and a "macro" interface. This looks like it only has the macro interface.

I listened to the clips on soundcloud and regretfully report that they do not make my nipples hard. :-(

Perimeter Sound wrote:The demos are not yet available it says, but hey, it's almost a gig (928megs) in size ha-ha. I dunno, call me skeptical, but it look like an SM unit to me, and 9 years in development, for a triangle that lights up when crossfading between two samples, on a synth with like 8 controls total ? I don't get it....
It does not seem to mix samples but instrument models created using Resynthesis based on artificial intelligence. This was told in the video i posted in my other post above /that video was in german language).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Not cheap

But then, it thinks...

Not to interested.
no sig

The link for the Trial version download finally seems to work:
http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/einklang

Just downloading.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Just started testing the Trial version. the VST plugin (32-bit) crashed Ableton Live 8.3.4 after 1-2 minutes. The Standalone version seems to be more stable.

there don't seem to be any factory sounds and also no patch browser. The only way to load and save presets is with the DAW or with Load/Save presets from the menu of the Standalone. at least you could load/save with the Trial version.

There is also no volume knob. Many important settings like e.g. volume and modulation of parameters over time seem to rely on your DAW software.

After having a first play there are some interesting sounds possible but based on how limited this is the fun will be away quite fast i guess.
I had posted a picture of the GUi at this page and there don't seem to be hidden features except the drop-down menu for the intruments (right-click at the corners of the triangle).

One feature is that you could lock the mouse (right click at the "vector stick"). That way you could use the mouse to morph without having to press the mouse button.

The Trial seems to include the basic version with 150 instrument models.
The advanced one only seems to include more models it looks.

Each of the parameters seems to have a different influence on each of the instrument models which is one reason i could understand there are only limited parameters so far. Anyway basic features like a patch browser, an Arp/sequencer and FXs should not destroy the instrument models. Also some modulation of e.g. the morph triangle or the other parameters would not destroy the basic sound.

There is also no built-in MIDI-learn. In the Standalone version you could assign MIDI CC to the parameters but the CC numbers have to be set manually.
The morph triangle uses 3 CC numbers but e.g. the vector stick of my Wavestation EX only uses 2 axes (CCs 16 + 17). This makes it difficult to use the vector stick properly.

There are some nice sounds from this but i don't really know what to think about it. As part of a more advanced synth with more features it could be great IMO.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Interesting

From the Quick Start Guide
Windows
To install EINKLANG on your system, run the appropriate installer from the installation DVD, and follow the instructions on the screen. Note: You can't run the Win32 Installer on a 64 Bit Windows version, and there is no need to do so, since the Win64 Installer also contains 32 Bit plugins
I went for the 32bit version on Win7 because I use a 32bit host, but it won't install - it tells you that you need the 64bit version. So I installed it in XP but it just won't open, it tries but after 20 minutes I gave up on the 32bit.

Then I tried the 64bit on Win7. The standalone works, but to my ears there is a difference in quality between the lower and high notes.
As a plugin it initially sounds terrible in FL10, just super-flanged jet noise. And then as you try to adjust the featured sound settings it freezes FL10. Another thing that I have never come across before is that it loads as "bridged" in FL10 which I assume indicates the the one dll present is 64bit.

Sent them an email and got a reply "out of office until 7th Jan"

After visiting their site this is my conclusion: a pretty limited VSTi for grabbing a lot of cash from startup fundings (indiegogo, EU and stuff). The sounds provided don't really impress me at all considering the hype they create around the product.

Marketing seems great though: radio interviews, startup fundings, nice and catchy advertising video with a lot of buzz words combined with a high price (aka "this has to be good").

Time will tell if they can deliver to their own created hype. I think I'll pass.

Hi there, I just downloaded the demo and I have this strange phenomenon. I tried to install it on two WinXP machines, one is my DAW one is my laptop. No go on my laptop not as stand alone not as a plugin.

BUT it is working on my DAW like a charm as stand alone and VST (with Ableton Live latest version).

Anyhow, besides these problems, I really like the concept and the sounds coming out were instant fun. :D

The price is a bit too high for me or to put it in other words - christmas money is already spent :cry:

Return to “Instruments”