Eisenberg Einklang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Einklang

I wanna try this but the download is taking forever

Hi there,
I pre-ordered Einklang during the indiegogo period for only 95 Eur.
As promised, the delivery arrived before christmas, and I am very happy with it. Creating sounds and sound scapes is truly easy and intuitive. I just morph around most of the time and it sounds massive. To be honest, I rarely use the eight other knobs and I could live without them (except for harmonicity - I love that one).
So what can I say? For me it works just perfect and I'm happy that I bought the early bird, saving lots of money.
Cheers
Mann

Win7 64bit + Ableton 8

MannB wrote:Hi there,
I pre-ordered Einklang during the indiegogo period for only 95 Eur.
As promised, the delivery arrived before christmas, and I am very happy with it. Creating sounds and sound scapes is truly easy and intuitive. I just morph around most of the time and it sounds massive. To be honest, I rarely use the eight other knobs and I could live without them (except for harmonicity - I love that one).
So what can I say? For me it works just perfect and I'm happy that I bought the early bird, saving lots of money.
Cheers
Mann

Win7 64bit + Ableton 8
I agree that you could get some nice sounds but for a sound designer like me the limited programming seems to be quite underwhelming.
i like the basic concept and I think this would be great as part of a bigger synth with more features.

At the end of the day synths like e.g. Rayblaster or my Wavestation (which got vector synthesis that is at least comparable to Einklang) are a bit more to my taste.
In the Wavestation you could record some steps of movement of the vector stick. This would be a great feature for Einklang too. I got no idea why they did not implement any way to record or modulate the movement of the morph triangle.
The technology from the Wavestation is around 22-23 years old so why it should not be possible now?

I don't think that the opportunity to use automation in your DAW could be "sold" as a feature, especially with a plugin at this price range.
What i could totally not understand is why there is no preset browser in this.
The VST does not even have dedicated controls to load/save presets. Also the presets i saved with the Standalone don't seem to be compatible with the preset loading in my DAW (Ableton Live 8 ). The Standalone also does not offer to save the presets as e.g. .fxp files. If i try to load the *.prs files of the Standalone with Ableton Live those could not be recognized.

Based on the many design flaws like this i wonder if any musicians and/or sound designers were involved with the development somehow.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Based on the many design flaws like this i wonder if any musicians and/or sound designers were involved with the development somehow.
I get the feeling that the dev has essentially wrapped his Ph.D studies inside a VST plug-in. Hopefully he'll get some usability feedback from users and this will become more interesting in a version number or two. It's a shame that 1.0 is so barebones as I feel this synth has a lot of potential.

cron wrote:I feel this synth has a lot of potential.
I feel the same too but the current version just does not do it for me.
I already explained that more detailed here.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Opening the Einklang_Win64.msi demo file with WinRAR, it contains:

Activator64
Patch001-150
Productsxml
PropertyFile
QuicksterT64
Standalone64
VST32
VST64

Of the 931MB, it seems more or less 900MB is the "Patch001-150" part, which I understand must be the library? The plugin in itself is just 10MB or so.

Hi all,

Thank you StillS for drawing the attention to EINKLANG and thank everyone for your input and comments. With this post we try to answer some the questions that came up.

Compatibility
We are sorry to read that there are incompatibilities and crashes with some hosts and systems. Of course this shouldn't be the case and we will take care of the problems. For version 1.0.0 we have tested the VSTi with Cubase and Ableton Live. But as we have learned, every host seems to interpret the VST standard differently. So in the next weeks we will check every (bigger) host to ensure compatibility. To set the priorities right, we would be happy if you could post, pm or email us your favorite host and OS combination.
Some people have reported problems with WinXP but we still search for the underlying pattern that these systems share. The good news is that we can reproduce similar problems on one of our test systems, so fixing this is the first point on our todo list for next week.

AIST
EINKLANG is driven by a technology we call Artificial Intelligence Studio Technology or AIST. The AIST is all about modeling sounds and especially about models capable of learning musical properties of sound. It was partly developed at the Technical University of Berlin and the research for this technology took about nine. The AIST is a set of offline scripts and this is where things start getting tricky. Building an AIST models in full quality takes much time and disc space. For example, modeling a naturally sounding grand piano produces about 3 GB of model data and takes around 30 mins to be processed.

With the development of EINKLANG starting in 2010 we tried to optimize parts of the AIST to produce much smaller models which can be processed in real time. EINKLANG is the first product based on AIST with more to follow.
More Features

Besides improving stability and compatibility we have a list of features that will come with EINKLANG version 1.1. The main points are AU, RTAS and AAX compatibility, X/Y controllable morph field (e.g. with a Kaoss Pad), a user friendly tone browser and preset browser and of course the recordable morph gem (aka morph pointer).

And yes, the update to version 1.1 is of course free for all users.

One hint for controlling the morph field by MIDI: since not everybody has a x/y field or stick on his controller we decided to let the first version be controlled by three sliders/faders, one for each knob in each corner. Think of these as faders on a three channel mixer that has a normalizing limiter behind it.

Trial Download
We think about also offering a trial version, which has only a subset of tone colors but is much smaller in download-size. Would you appreciate that? Or do you consider it useless?

So as you can read, much work still lies ahead but we try to take one step after the other. Please keep us updated with feedback as it is much appreciated for improving EINKLANG.

Cheers
Jenifer Eisenberg
We do the Math - You do the Music!

Great to see you here Jennifer. Always good to have devs hanging around these parts. Looking forward to seeing what the future brings for this instrument.

EisenbergAudio wrote:
Besides improving stability and compatibility we have a list of features that will come with EINKLANG version 1.1. The main points are AU, RTAS and AAX compatibility, X/Y controllable morph field (e.g. with a Kaoss Pad), a user friendly tone browser and preset browser and of course the recordable morph gem (aka morph pointer).
Hi Jennifer,

looks promising. Looking forward to test the updated Trial version.

While i criticized the plugin here i am still interested in the basic concept and the improvements you mentioned are in the right direction.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

EisenbergAudio wrote:
Trial Download
We think about also offering a trial version, which has only a subset of tone colors but is much smaller in download-size. Would you appreciate that? Or do you consider it useless?

So as you can read, much work still lies ahead but we try to take one step after the other. Please keep us updated with feedback as it is much appreciated for improving EINKLANG.

Cheers
Jenifer Eisenberg
I think everyone would agree a demo version is essential :)

Sounds nice, I would like to see deeper modeling in the future

The Einklang Trial is still installed on my system and so far i used it with the Standalone or with Ableton Live 8.
Now i wanted to use Reaper 4 32-bit which is my other host software. Reaper freezes while detecting the Einklang DLL file.

After closing and restarting Reaper it works but einklang does no appear in the plugins list.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Just got a message that Einklang now is updated to v1.0.2

Those interested should check the website for links to download the new version

Dear forum,

Einklang version 1.0.2 has been released and is now available for download:

Windows (32bit):
http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/download/ ... _Win32.msi

Windows (64bit):
http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/download/ ... _Win64.msi

MacOS:
http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/download/Einklang_Mac.dmg

Version 1.0.2 improvements:
• Fixed stability and compatibility issues on older systems.
• Runs stable on MacOS 10.8 or later and WinXP or later.
• VST optimized for Ableton Live and Cubase.

More VST Hosts will be tested for compatibility with the next update 1.0.3.
Support for AU will be released in February and RTAS/AAX support will come in March. Both will of course come with free updates.

Cheers,
Jenifer and the Eisenberg-Team
We do the Math - You do the Music!

Is there any delay's & reverbs phaser's etc?

Return to “Instruments”