What do we think of Loomer Aspect?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aspect

I managed to purchase Aspect on here , i was lucky :hihi:
I love this synth! The clear and solid UI with everything being on 1 page makes this synth very easy to get to grips with. I also like the fact it has no 'on board FX section' to distract from sound design. The sound can be georgeous and thick imo and the patch section is cool.I was so impressed by Aspect i went on and purchased Shift,String and Sequent. Loomer rules! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated!
But why have a knob for waveform then if only four can be selected, would be better then to have a "check box" where one could select which waveform to use.
I agree, which is why the oscillator and filter selectors have changed for Aspect 2. It occasionally causes confusion when people assume that you can sweep the knob for a mixed blend of oscillator shapes.

In fact, Aspect 2 has a completely new UI. I hope this keeps the core of what people liked about Aspect 1's UI, but improves the few areas which, in retrospect, didn't work so well.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated!
But why have a knob for waveform then if only four can be selected, would be better then to have a "check box" where one could select which waveform to use.
I agree, which is why the oscillator and filter selectors have changed for Aspect 2. It occasionally causes confusion when people assume that you can sweep the knob for a mixed blend of oscillator shapes.

In fact, Aspect 2 has a completely new UI. I hope this keeps the core of what people liked about Aspect 1's UI, but improves the few areas which, in retrospect, didn't work so well.
:hyper: Hi Colin! Any hints what new will be in the second version?

colin@loomer wrote:In fact, Aspect 2 has a completely new UI. I hope this keeps the core of what people liked about Aspect 1's UI, but improves the few areas which, in retrospect, didn't work so well.
In general I would hope developers could use more colors to represent different sections of the GUI.

For instance Aspect V1 is all blue background. It is therefore not immediately logical to me where the OSC section ends and the LFO section begins. Had the OSC section for instance had blue color, while the LFO section had another background color, this would have been more quickly graspable. In a live situation where one doesn't have the time or good lightning to read the headlines of the controls while in action, this would be a great help.

Any hints what new will be in the second version?
Well, it is liable to change, so I wouldn't want to publicly commit to too much at this stage. But I guess it is safe to reveal it will have a new UI, some additional filter types, much better modulation handling - including some very novel modulation sources, new legato handling, and new flexible envelopes. Admittedly, that's not a massively exciting list, but I'm afraid the really fun stuff is being kept under my hat for the time being. ;)

Presets will also be 100% backwards compatible. And, of course, it'll be a free upgrade for registered Aspect owners.
In general I would hope developers could use more colors to represent different sections of the GUI.
Yes, that is exactly the approach Aspect 2's UI is using; judicious colour use for at-a-glance feedback of modulation and routing.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Presets will also be 100% backwards compatible. And, of course, it'll be a free upgrade for registered Aspect owners.
Backwards compatibility and no charges for major updates on a product that never crashed and already is of great quality. We're spoilt!

colin@loomer wrote:Yes, that is exactly the approach Aspect 2's UI is using; judicious colour use for at-a-glance feedback of modulation and routing.
"Judicious", wow, sounds exciting, no need to spike the punch with this plugin in ones possession thus I gather :D :tu:

Numanoid wrote:In a live situation where one doesn't have the time or good lightning to read the headlines of the controls while in action, this would be a great help.
May I ask what kind of monitor you use if you need lights to read the screen? :-o :wink:

KungKrille wrote:May I ask what kind of monitor you use if you need lights to read the screen? :-o :wink:
A laptop...

But different background colours for different sections of the synth, means you will be able to assess information on the screen from bigger distance, than if you need to read the headlines of the sections ;)

REALLY looking forwards to Aspect 2. This is a great synth and I never expected it to get better! Please consider adding a global pitchbend value for the synth!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Please consider adding a global pitchbend value for the synth!
Done (as in, added, rather than considered, that is!)

Been trying Aspect out and really liking it so far.
One for my too buy list :)

A fantastic synth with a lovely warm fuzzy filter unlike anything else in my palette. It is in my list of 'underrated gems' along with 'Biohazard' and Loomer's 'String'. Really inexpensive considering how weird and deep you can go with it, too. It sits perfectly between semi/modular synths (timewARP) and bread-and-butter VAs.

Did I mention that I like it?
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

I agree this is a much undertalked about excellent synth. it was between khz one and this for me just cause i felt like a new synth, and KHS snagged the sale with their Jan sale price.. i actually find alot of similarities between the two on sound.

What i did notice was, that aspect comes with 220 presets all by Mr Loomer himself, and basically 90% of them are top notch (i never understand why devs bother with drum patches.. it's a waste of 20 patches in synths like this, no one uses stuff like this for their drums as the sounds are never comparable to a dedicated drum synth), so next time it's synth buy time i'd probably be swayed towards this although i'd love to see some third party preset support and some more from the man himself.

The dev offers:

"Buying an Aspect licence directly from us currently entitles you to lifetime free updates for Aspect."

But last update was 20 months ago

Return to “Instruments”