Happy Hour! Exotic Cocktails for AAS Lounge Lizard: EP-4 Update News

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*EP-4 UPDATE*
This bank isn't compatible with the latest version of Lounge Lizard, EP-4. I've just got the upgrade myself, so I will assess what has changed (and ask AAS a few questions) and decide whether/how to update or expand this patchbank. Watch this space...

The ideal creative fuel for your Lounge Lizard!
  • * Only for use with the full version of AAS Lounge Lizard EP-3 Electric Piano, not with Lounge Lizard Session. Sorry!
    * Now expanded to 100 patches.
    * GBP £7.50 (approx. USD $12, EUR €9).
    * Pay by Paypal, receive patchbank by email within 24 hours (probably much sooner).
    * Demos here.
I hope you enjoy using patches as much as I've enjoyed making them.
Last edited by coincidental on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Textur for ACE

Cool, nice. Are those demos all Lounge Lizard (no external fx)?

Arglebargle wrote:Cool, nice. Are those demos all Lounge Lizard (no external fx)?
Glad you liked them! Yes, just individual patches played and recorded, one patch and one track for each demo, no FX of any sort. I may have had a limiter stuck on for some, but I don't think it ever kicked in. Soundcloud does squash stuff a bit, but I don't think you lose anything too important.

I think I snipped out a few bum notes, but that's another matter... :wink:
Textur for ACE

That's really cool, I didn't know Lounge Lizard was capable of that range of sounds. I reckon I'll be sending some money your way.

Nice demos. Just ordered mine!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Nice demos. Just ordered mine!
Thanks!
I've just put up a patch list and full explanatory notes too. Enjoy!
Textur for ACE

Hmm... "Blackpool Deathbed" ... can't wait to hear that one! ;-)

The note are impressive -- you do seem to have put a lot of thought and care into this. Curious to hear your Chromaphone patches. Would be groovy if you could eventually produce plucked string patches for it. If you do, please PM me as I don't always watch KVR....

lingyai wrote:you do seem to have put a lot of thought and care into this.
Thanks! I'm glad it shows...
lingyai wrote:Curious to hear your Chromaphone patches. Would be groovy if you could eventually produce plucked string patches for it.
Haven't noticed a particular shortfall in plucked strings, but Chromaphone does sound rather different in this department to, say, String Studio. I'll see what I can do!
Textur for ACE

Well the file format has changed, which is a good thing but does mean that Happy Hour is no longer compatible with the latest version of Lounge Lizard EP-4.

I'm waiting to hear back from the chaps at AAS with the answer to a question or two before I decide whether/how to update or expand this patchbank. As soon as I have some news I'll email everyone who owns it and post an update here.

I'd also like to say a big thank-you to all those customers who have sent such kind and complimentary messages about these presets. It's a massive ego boost, especially given what great musicians you are, but most of all it's very satisfying to know that we're all hearing and enjoying the same things. :)
Textur for ACE

Any news on this?

Well, it's proving to be a non-trivial task! The engine has changed, the effects have changed, the calibration of the parameters has changed....

I've been weighing up whether to attempt to recreate the Happy Hour sounds in EP-4 or whether to create a completely new bank of sounds. The truth is that they will never sound 100% the same, which means if you want to recreate an EP-3 sound exactly, you will have to use EP-3. And some sounds simply can't be done at all (EP-4 has no vibrato effect, for instance).

However, I'm waiting to hear whether a shortcut of sorts exists that will make the conversion much less onerous. Either way, I have some new sounds - the EP-4 engine is less bold, more subtle and more versatile.

I hope to know more in the next fortnight, so watch this space. Rest assured that existing Happy Hour owners will either get a free upgrade to an EP-4 version of the bank, or a token price to upgrade to a new bank containing new EP-4 patches and a selection of those Happy Hour patches that have converted successfully. :)
Textur for ACE

Thanks.

It turned out there were no shortcuts, but the work is nearly done, and a new patchbank, After Hours, will be out within the next week. It will consist of a mixture of recreated patches from Happy Hour and brand new patches making use of EP-4's new capabilities. And there will be a ludicrously generous upgrade price for existing Happy Hour owners. Rejoice!

The price for After Hours will be GBP £9 for 100 patches. Happy Hour (for EP-3) will still be available, but the price is now set at a permanently low GBP £5.

As a special heads-up for you lovely KVR people, buying Happy Hour before After Hours is released will qualify you for the upgrade price for After Hours, saving you a small amount overall and giving you both soundsets.

Fresh demos going up on Soundcloud soon! Patch list and notes to follow as well.
Textur for ACE

Return to “Instruments”