Piano One in Cantabile

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Cantabilites,
I hope I can get a little help here from someone who uses the free Piano One. There are several versions and several collections of programs at Piano One's site as well as at KVR. I can only get one Piano One version to run in Cantabile and in that version I can only run one program.

With a different version I can see the programs but cannot get any sound.Not the best trade off.

It appears from the comments at KVR that this problem is common but that some folks have solved it.I sat down last night and downloaded the different versions, add ons, patches and programs with the goal of solving this.I didn't get it.This is a great sounding piano and I would like to use it. In fact I probably will use it live with the default program but would like more (of course)

Any advice will be appreciated,
Thanks,
LooseBruce

pffft.. is this about the free chinese thing?
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

TiUser wrote:pffft.. is this about the free chinese thing?
I really don't know but I have given up on Piano One. I was trying some of the free ones. I finally got one to work but if I used other programs (or selected one by mistake) there were very loud artifacts.

I am using mDA piano as a free piano for now.For my purposes it works fine.There is a piano on my virtual accordion which is acceptable but I want the sustain pedal input so I am using mDA in Cantabile with my SoftStep foot controller.
Thanks for your input,
LooseBruce

Sorry my comment was just a question - no input... :oops:

I remember having tried a free chinese (modelling) piano vst myself but wasn't really convinced by the sound.

In general I had to learn that VST "standard" isn't too great and not all VST's work in any host, :(
Best regards, TiUser

The standard is good. The implementation however...
I remember that there was some talk of plugin writers getting some kind of Steinberg seal of approval many years ago. The proliferation of plugins and the cost put an end to that idea pretty darn quick!

pinkcanaru wrote:The standard is good. The implementation however...
:oops:
Sure?

Anyways agreed that some of the implementations we face discredit the VST system...

Guess I have to investigate some time to find out but I bet there's nothing about voice allocation or patch switching behavior...

I've tried "Bass" libs and the VST addon... All I can say each plugin I've tried behaves differently - to say it friendly.

Bass is a pretty capable lib and surpassed my expectations in using soundfonts so far. Only problem here: there are few really good soundfonts around, not to mention libs...

Maybe that's getting OT now... :oops:
Best regards, TiUser

Return to “Topten Software”