Toto - Africa 30th anniversary Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like it!

I love it!!!

Really enjoyed this, not sure what I was expecting, being a kid in the 80's I know this one by heart.
You have achieved the perfect blend between using as much of the original to make it believable, and enough new stuff to make it sound... new!

Really good, man.

thanks, i actually used ALL of the original except for the brassy intro, i too grew up with it and couldnt stand the idea of chopping it up and not respecting the structure of the original

Really liked it! The double time drums halfway through really gave it a lot of power... Did you EQ out the original drums and stuff?

Next to Andy McKee's fingerstyle version, this is now my favourite cover of this song...

fun refix!
wasn't expecting that ;-)
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

i just had a low cut below 180 hz on the original track

ok, i came into this not being a big fan of this song (tho i do like some Toto, just not that one and mostly because it was really overplayed at the time, imo) but damn you did some nice work on this one to make it interesting to a skeptic like me. as was said before, the double time drums work nice. and i always like the stuff you do sound design wise m4m. thanks for sharing. :tu:

This is great stuff! I was sad when I accidentally stopped playing the youtube video to write this comment, and much happier when I realized I could watch the rest of it from the preview page. :D

bermudagold wrote:fun refix!
wasn't expecting that ;-)
Is what I thought. :-)

I loved that specific formant sound you've got there which adds some proper 'funk' to the track. I was listening to that with a big smile on my face. However, I wished for a less distorted version.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

distorted as in bad mastering or distorted as my bass and drums are smashed to death in the dubstep tradition? cause it'S not the final final mix, i can still change things (like the kalimba synth that is too low and too filtered in the intro)

Leave a classic like this to It's original state

The remix Is too overloaded and messy.

Probably made by a one fingered DJ with a mobile phone In the other hand.
Music today Is too much the same relying on heavy beat to get the music through

LESS IS MORE!!!

When are people going to make music refreshing and full of happiness again.

Too much music and mixes today are depressing and dumbed down for the masses.

Even David Bowie seems depressed with his new single!!and It Is rubbish also.

Come on aspiring young people make happy and great music like the 60s and 70s :love:

thanks for your input

i don't consider myself as a one finger dj tho, more like a 10 fingered performer using his 2 feets for lack of hands

i know it's really full but it was the goal, to sound like the radio crap of today

Overall the sound is a bit too congested and 'hot'. There's a tad too much low end distortion, I felt. I know what you mean with that Dusbtep overdriven sound, but somehow here, it's was slightly overdone.

I'm just listening to it again, and this would be a perfect track to stick in my car cd player.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Don't mean to start a (big) argument here, bugbug, but this part of your comment really bothered me:
bugbug wrote:Probably made by a one fingered DJ with a mobile phone In the other hand.
Do you have any idea of the years of experience and effort it takes to make a track of this kind and quality? I'd invite you to try your hand at it and see how many fingers it takes. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”