[video premiere/free d/l] I Still Have Nightmares - Straight Jacket [psst - teh debz!]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a band i know or maybe more than that ;)

i was skeptical going in, as i had no hand in making it, but hey it actually turned out OK for no budget. and there's a fun dance for the kids to learn! enjoy! :tu: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeMDMuB2TY

edit - added link for free download at bandcamp:

http://istillhavenightmares.bandcamp.co ... ght-jacket
Last edited by debra1rlo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interesting...
So what was Anuty Trust's part in this?

Also feels very early 90s, but it's cool.

Great track. Good recording and mix. Tasty guitar work. The rhythm section was cool (I loved the bassline, reminded me of the Stranglers, or somebody from around that time). The video was good clean fun too.

Good work :)

thanks for listening and the nice comments, the band will be pleased with the feedback. :)

@ntom: well, i have 2 answers:

coy/cryptic answer: actually Aunty Trust is now an actual gigging band :o and didnt have much to do with this at all

more accurate answer: i was in a band with the guitarist from 2002-2006 b4 I started working on the Aunty Trust stuff. he approached me in early 2012 a few months after they kicked out their original bassist and i've been gigging with them since June. But they already had almost the whole CD recorded before I joined the band, to give credit where credit due. :)

debra1rlo wrote:thanks for listening and the nice comments, the band will be pleased with the feedback. :)

@ntom: well, i have 2 answers:

coy/cryptic answer: actually Aunty Trust is now an actual gigging band :o and didnt have much to do with this at all

more accurate answer: i was in a band with the guitarist from 2002-2006 b4 I started working on the Aunty Trust stuff. he approached me in early 2012 a few months after they kicked out their original bassist and i've been gigging with them since June. But they already had almost the whole CD recorded before I joined the band, to give credit where credit due. :)
well now I need to relisten to hear what is undoubtedly a wicked bass line.

edit:
yep, it didn't take long for me to hear that wicked bass! Excellent!

ah cool, glad you liked, ntom :)

and for you or anyone else, the track is available for download at bandcamp for free, but you can donate if you like... no pressure tho, the band just wants to get heard in these tough economic times, so please download for free :tu:

http://istillhavenightmares.bandcamp.co ... ght-jacket

Both the playing and mix are great. The video has some fun B movie horror references which make it entertaining all the way through. Nice job on this.

Thanks for listening/watching and your comments, FrantzM! :)

Great stuff Deb... edge-y, tight and really entertaining. Congrats!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Great stuff Deb... edge-y, tight and really entertaining. Congrats!
thanks for checking it out polyslax! it's no runaway success like "friday" :hihi: but we're pretty happy with the 500+ plays so far, as well as the nice feedback. :D

my gratitude to everyone who's listened/watched so far, thanks for supporting independent artists! :tu:

Great stuff there...the video editing was spot on.

I love the bass lick!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Tagged for when I have a chance to listen.

I can dig it. Brit says it sounds like grunge meets psycho-billy. I'm pretty sure she meant it as a compliment. :hihi:
Seriously though, I think it sounds great. :)

trimph1 wrote:Great stuff there...the video editing was spot on.

I love the bass lick!!
thanks for checking it out barry. yeah, the editing really stood out as top notch to me when i watched it the first time... and yeah, thats a fun song to play live... which we'll be doing tonite! :D

justin3am wrote:I can dig it. Brit says it sounds like grunge meets psycho-billy. I'm pretty sure she meant it as a compliment. :hihi:
Seriously though, I think it sounds great. :)
i take it as a compliment that you both took the time to listen and am stoked you dug it. but i kinda liked some grunge, and even if i hadnt i do like psycho billy, so its all good. 8) :wheee:

Haven't seen the video (dial-up), but I downloaded and listened to the song. The sound/mix is really good, and the song itself is well done. Some cool freakout bits in it. Enjoyed. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”