Anyone else holding of all reverb purchases till Exponential release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ostfront wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Also they wont add any clarity, stereo, phase, weird artifacts problems like some other units I've demoed.
So please tell, what reverbs add extra clarity? I've been looking for that exactly.
Hmmm sorry Ostfront : What I wanted to say is : Exp Audio reverbs wont add "clarity problems " . Or stereo problems, phase, artifacts etc etc. Sorry again, it ws not that clear in my sentence.

This means that your unprocessed signal doesnt loose its original clarity during/after the dry/wet mix process.

Other reverbs that preserve this kind of integrity ( In those that I have ) are Sony HW reverbs for example, but I cant see equivalent of these ones in the plug in world. Some would say they are almost a bit sterile, transparent, the kind of reverbs that add depth and a scene to a mix, but that you can make barely non hearable, and alsmot forget. Some other reverbs have a strong character like the Yamaha Rev7 for example, with its Chorus unit. Not for everything, but unrivalled for a few things. etc etc.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
ostfront wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Also they wont add any clarity, stereo, phase, weird artifacts problems like some other units I've demoed.
So please tell, what reverbs add extra clarity? I've been looking for that exactly.
Hmmm sorry Ostfront : What I wanted to say is : Exp Audio reverbs wont add "clarity problems " . Or stereo problems, phase, artifacts etc etc. Sorry again, it ws not that clear in my sentence.

This means that your unprocessed signal doesnt loose its original clarity during/after the dry/wet mix process.
Thanks, Lotuzia, I now understand what you meant. That's a big no-no, for any effect to unnecessarily blur the audio I feed into it, so +1 on this.
Lotuzia wrote:Other reverbs that preserve this kind of integrity ( In those that I have ) are Sony HW reverbs for example, but I cant see equivalent of these ones in the plug in world. Some would say they are almost a bit sterile, transparent, the kind of reverbs that add depth and a scene to a mix, but that you can make barely non hearable, and alsmot forget.
Maybe someone else will have a suggestion?

I'm very much interested into other people's opinions about, and comparisons of reverbs, e.g. on "clarity", etc., so I can further improve my own understanding of what I should listen for or strive to achieve when demoing or working with a reverb unit. I already have some experience in this complex field, but 'some' is not 'enough,' as you know.
:hihi:

I demoed the Lexicon reverbs and really didn't like them. Basically they sounded like mud to me.

I'm planning to get altiverb, I'm going to try Valhalla at some point but for a nice open verb that shimmers I really like d16s toraverb.

I know..

I am insane.

Basically no. I didn't hold off buying other reverbs.

Then I bought Phoenix anyways. fml.

:hihi:
Last edited by zentatonic on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fix my lighthouse?

antithesist wrote:Fix my lighthouse?
For my lover?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Far more lubricant

"f**k my life"

Feckin comedians. :lol:

facetious mongoloid leprechauns

http://www.internetslang.com/FML.asp

..hmm...

Still wondering about these reverbs. Pretty set on Phoenix, might sell Lx480 for R2 (!)

Does anyone know his transfer policies though?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

PeterL wrote:
4damind wrote:I think Valhalla Reverbs (all of them) and Phoenix/R2 are a good combination. Phoenix for the more natural and clean reverb and Valhalla for the more "room" or "effect" reverb.
...and EAReverb for the most natural.
But hey, I have still 6 days available to demo PhoenixVerb in depth to change my mind (spent only about 20 minutes yesterday on trying presets).
+1 i love EAReverb
Finally!

Aiynzahev wrote:http://www.internetslang.com/FML.asp
My policies or Martin's? For ExponentialAudio, you can easily transfer to another owner. iLok will charge you a fee for that service, but I don't. The exceptions are NFRs that I might provide for educational sales or reviewers.

izonin wrote:LX480 is the most expensive sounding reverb plugin, IMO. Pure sonic bliss. The PCM is more for TV commercials than for music.

Most expensive for sure..

Gotta love the placebo effects in these cases.

Aiynzahev wrote:http://www.internetslang.com/FML.asp

..hmm...

Still wondering about these reverbs. Pretty set on Phoenix, might sell Lx480 for R2 (!)

Scrap that, I'm not selling the LX480. What I might do is just get R2 anyway and compare for a while and see if R2 can beat LX480 for me, or if it's that good just keep both.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Thing is Lx480 sounds beautiful, the reverb just sounds so classic, but , and this is why I sold the lite version first time round, I can't stop getting this Lofi feeling from it, I don't know if it's just me, but it sort of seems to be adding a bit of dirt and smearing things.

R2 is touted as being able to blend better with the source and that's what I really need, in my dense mixes I need to keep the clarity.
Aiynzahev-sounds

you'd probably be better off to buy both of michael's instead of the LX

(imo)

Return to “Effects”