iRig HD (and some other products, announced and unannounced) on Display at CES 2013

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

iRig HD on Display at CES 2013

Sequel to the most popular guitar interface of all time is on display at this year's Consumer Electronic Show

The new iRig HD, the sequel to iRig - the most popular guitar interface of all time - is now being shown at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, at the IK Multimedia booth (located at North Hall, Booth 5625). See more pictures (including photos of other products not announced) on our IK Facebook page

With over half a million units sold worldwide, iRig has revolutionized the way guitar players jam and record, allowing them to play anywhere using their iPhone or iPad and the virtual effects and amplifiers of the range of AmpliTube apps. AmpliTube is the all-time bestseller when it comes to guitar sound processing, and includes dozens of legendary pieces of gear from world-class brands such Fender®, Ampeg®, Soldano®, and T-Rex®, as well as the sounds of iconic artists like Slash and Jimi Hendrix.

iRig HD improves on the characteristics that have made iRig the standard for connecting your guitar or bass to the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and rocking out. Together with its ease of use, plug-and-play convenience, ultra-portability and universal compatibility, iRig HD offers a superior digital sound quality that's comparable to that of high-end interfaces used in computer-based studios. iRig HD can now be seen rocking live at the IK Multimedia booth 5625, North Hall.

Stay tuned for more info coming soon.

More information added to the main iRig HD page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd/

Pretty cool! :tu:

Congrats on the release.

What is the latency and is it made in China? I know the music software I have tried for ipad is watered down compared to what you can do on a laptop are we going backwards with technology?

Also just my two cents but amp simulators never sound like the real thing because they are simulators. If you want the real deal buy an American hand made amp. If you are gonna carry around a guitar it is just as easy to bring a small amp with you.

Jimmy Hendrix used hand made British and American amps and guitars so should we.
The sleeper must awaken.

I love your signature...

:roll:

diggler wrote:What is the latency and is it made in China?
The latency is extremely low (as with iRig and similar devices) and it is made in Italy in our own factory: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=1677

george wrote:Pretty cool! :tu:

Congrats on the release.
Thanks, george!

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on this - Im sure it will be a runaway success!
Quick questions please (as Im new to IOS devices since santa was so brilliant this year!!!) -

Is the iRig end of the connection proprietary please? It looks like a Din type connection so I dont suppose its Thunderbolt to Din (midi) by any chance???

Is there more gain than the iRig stomp please? My Variax output, even though powered, is low so that will be the deciding factor between this and the stomp - the available gain.

What was the resolution of the 1st gen iRig please? Should I get this for the gain and resolution or just pick up a 'legacy' 1st gen iRig hopefully cheaper?

When & how much please?

Will there be an option for Amplitube IOS - 'All' packs please? I'd like to get the pain over in one swoop :hihi:

Congrats again mate - REALLY looking forward to this!!!

Dave

diggler wrote:
Jimmy Hendrix used hand made British and American amps and guitars so should we.
At least spell his name right if you are going to troll...

Aural Chaos wrote:
diggler wrote:
At least spell his name right if you are going to troll...
Maybe there was too much excitement and confusion over Jimmy Page's 69th birthday today :) Got caught between the "light and shade" or something.

mckenic wrote:Hi Peter,

Congratulations on this - Im sure it will be a runaway success!
Quick questions please (as Im new to IOS devices since santa was so brilliant this year!!!) -

Is the iRig end of the connection proprietary please? It looks like a Din type connection so I dont suppose its Thunderbolt to Din (midi) by any chance???

Is there more gain than the iRig stomp please? My Variax output, even though powered, is low so that will be the deciding factor between this and the stomp - the available gain.

What was the resolution of the 1st gen iRig please? Should I get this for the gain and resolution or just pick up a 'legacy' 1st gen iRig hopefully cheaper?

When & how much please?

Will there be an option for Amplitube IOS - 'All' packs please? I'd like to get the pain over in one swoop :hihi:

Congrats again mate - REALLY looking forward to this!!!

Dave
Thank you!

The connection is proprietary, like our iRig KEYS connector that allows for the multiple types of connectors to be swapped out.

I will have to check on the gain - the whole path is a quality improvement but I don't to make any other assumptions.

The 1st iRig uses the converters in the device, it gets the signal into the device and if necessary (definitely for guitar/bass yes) performs the appropriate impedance matching etc. If you want a more pristine sound, I'd say iRig HD is for you. You'll get great sound out of it and you can also use it with 30-pin, Lightning, and even USB connections (to a Mac).

I just heard that we're looking at $99.99 (with all three cables included) and targeting Q1 of this year...

Also, we are looking at all the options for in-app purchases... As we have more added, we do realize that things may need reorganized, etc.

Thanks so much for your time and such quick answers Peter!

I cant really picture in my head how the connector works (unless there is 3 cables in the pack) - I'll just have o wait and see :)

Im VERY excited by this now and will certainly wait for an official nod on the gain between this and the Stomp... but saying that the HD will have a higher resolution than even the Stomp right? Looks like the HD is for me!!!

The price seems quite good too and if there is new stuff coming in the software! Woo Hoo! Thanks again Peter!!!

dont want to derail thread but DAVE!!!! Where you been my friend, good to see you around :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What about pc-world, is HD compatible with Windows systems and if, what about asio driver?

Obligatory YouTube video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfVNsSZ ... be&t=2m30s

iRig HD at 2:30

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”