Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

And here is a rather alien demo using 2 patches from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 21 - "Space Frogs" and "Moscow Backstage":

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... -iris-demo

And a demo combining 3 Iris patches from Subscription Set No. 21 which will be released in a minute:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Here is the info for Subscription Set 21 which I will distribute in a minute:

Set 21 uploaded on January 9 - 2013 containing 6 presets (165.3 MB) including:

Calmer than Life - MW - 3 Macros
The same sample is used in S1+2, S1 with a very narrow spectral selection and S2 playing more full range. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel. Macro 1 controls Delay Mix, M2 adds Tube Distortion and M3 adds Filtermod. Both oscillators play in Non-Retrigger mode.

Darker Thoughts - MW - 3 Macros
The same sample is used in all 3 oscillators, S3 playing the full frequency spectrum, volume controlled by a slow LFO. The inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff, Macro 1 adds distortion to S1+3, M2 adds amplitude modulation to S1 and M3 controls the Modspeed.

Moscow Backstage - MW - 4 Macros
A field recording I made in the backstage area of a Moscow concert hall in 2011. Some talking, radiation form mobile phones, some impact noises. DIfferent segments and spectral selections of the same sample are used in the 3 oscillators.
The Modwheel brings in saturated distortion, Macro 1 for Delay Mix, M2 controls LP Cutoff, M3 adds Pitchmod to S1, M4 for PM speed.
The pitch for S3 is fixed so it does not react to incoming Midi notes, it has a free running LFO assigned to pitch though, so each time you hit a key the pitch will be different.

Space Frogs - MW - 6 Macros
A 2-minute long sample of frogs in a pond which I recorded some years ago in a suburbian area in Dresden is used in all 3 oscillators playing different segments and spectral selections. The nearby motorway makes for some nice distant drones which can be heard in S2. S1 plays in Radius RT mode, S3 is set to Non-Retrigger mode. Destroy the frogs with the Modwheel, control LP Cutoff with inversed Macro 1, add Delay with M2. M3+4 control Pitchmod for S1 (amount/speed), M5+6 control Pitchmod for S3.

Spectral Violins - MW - 3 Macros
2 violin textures play in S1+2, S3 uses the same sample as in S2 but plays a different segment and a broader spectral selection, it's volume is assigned to the Modwheel which also controls the LP FIlter Cutoff (inverted). Bring in temposynced Pitchmod for S1+3 with Macro 3, Macros 1+2 for Delay/Chorus Mix. All samples play in Non-Retrigger mode.

Tinkleverse Split - MW - 6 Macros
An animated synth texture made with Metasynth plays in S1+3, S3 is mapped from C5 upwards (C6 in Iris), S1 plays over the whole range and is set to Non-Retrigger mode. The original percussive texture made with caviar can samples from which the synth texture was derived is playing in S2, it's volume assigned to the Modwheel. S2 is mapped up to C5 (C6 in Iris). Control the LP Cutoff with the inversed Macro 2, add Filtermod with M1, control Modspeed with M3. M4 for Delay Mix, M5 controls Delay time (makes for some nice modulation effects) and M6 controls Reverb Mix. S2+3 play in Radius RT mode so the CPU hit can be high depending on your computer specs. Set them to Resample to save CPU (which will of course change the sound drastically).

As this is a frequently asked FAQ, here is the info about prolonging you annual subscription:
When your subscription ends, you can subscribe for another year at the price difference of what you paid when you subscribed and the current subscription price. You can also prolong your subscription earlier to save some money.

I made a track using a single iris subscription sound.

I'm interested in how I can interact with some of these subscription sounds that seem at first listening/playing to appear as something that does not need anything added. Complete in thenselves so the thought arises why fix something that isn't broken? then again there is a another way to look at it too, that is to work with this material in the spirit of it being collaraboration I don't own the final sound file and won't in future try to hide the fact that it is a result of a collaborative effort. A dialog. This viewpoint enables in me the end user of this soundware to open up and relax. Of course in my first attempts at working in this collaborative enviroment, I admit I'm the relative novice in the partnership. But at least I've paid an admission fee here! So therefore these collarborative efforts are mutually beneficial I can relax and enjoy the ride, try out a lot of different instrumentations, mixes, counterpoints, all the while absorbin something intangible yet significant about the way Simon has constructed his "patches/mini-compositions"

https://www.box.com/s/cycewkffqhqutxlwk3c9
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I made a track using a single iris subscription sound.

I'm interested in how I can interact with some of these subscription sounds that seem at first listening/playing to appear as something that does not need anything added. Complete in thenselves so the thought arises why fix something that isn't broken? then again there is a another way to look at it too, that is to work with this material in the spirit of it being collaraboration I don't own the final sound file and won't in future try to hide the fact that it is a result of a collaborative effort. A dialog. This viewpoint enables in me the end user of this soundware to open up and relax. Of course in my first attempts at working in this collaborative enviroment, I admit I'm the relative novice in the partnership. But at least I've paid an admission fee here! So therefore these collarborative efforts are mutually beneficial I can relax and enjoy the ride, try out a lot of different instrumentations, mixes, counterpoints, all the while absorbin something intangible yet significant about the way Simon has constructed his "patches/mini-compositions"

That's a nice thought, although I think not all patches are fully composed. And one can always delete my spectral selection and start from scratch using the subscription samples as a starting point. And turning the Macros and using the Modwheel does change these sounds sometimes radically, so they become less mine - and more yours :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I made a track using a single iris subscription sound.

That's a nice thought, although I think not all patches are fully composed. And one can always delete my spectral selection and start from scratch using the subscription samples as a starting point. And turning the Macros and using the Modwheel does change these sounds sometimes radically, so they become less mine - and more yours :)
I can see what you mean there. I'm just pointing out one aspect of working with especielly the sounds that are more developed. I find the feel then is more collaboretive. This is both challenging to the ego, but also to the creative thought process so it's a welcome thing for me to come to grips with this concept. I for example have never been into using apple loops, but with your work it's just keys in with my way of hearing that I will give it my best shot, and try the musical Vulcan mind meld..

excellent work your doing btw.

Unchain my heart in all things is my present motto..

I was up late checking out the latest offering for Iris. I could not stop twiddling and playing listening and experimenting. Moscow Backstage is an absolute stand out.

Tinkleverse got me all caught up with working with the Caviar cans sound in sample slot 2, with and without distortion, turned RT off, tried it backwards only. What a gas!

Put the Space frogs through trash 2 with vowel convolution and scared myself!

Spectral violins lovely...

Darker Thoughts, tried transposing across a 6 octave range, got some interesting things happening..

Set 21 is Really wonderful and inspiring. Sibirian cold is on it's way, but I think I'll easily be able to keep warm with these new resources for the creative fireplace!

Thanks Simon!!

TwoToneshuzz wrote: Set 21 is Really wonderful and inspiring. Sibirian cold is on it's way, but I think I'll easily be able to keep warm with these new resources for the creative fireplace!
Thanks Simon!!
Thank's for the nice review, Wade ;)

A video of creating a new Iris patch using a processed field recording of a singing bird which I recorded last summer in the fields. The soundscape used combines strangely reverbrated birds with metasynthed spectralized birddrones in the low frequency range so there is plenty to choose from and carve out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQDbuXMlf0E

This patch will be part of the next subscription set to be released soonish.

And a demo for two Iris patches from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 22 - "Container Music" and "Bird Encounter" - the bird patch is the one from the video above, "Container Music" uses the snippet of a field recording I recorded for a film project in a russian harbour in 2011, the discharging of containers with nice tonal metal squeaks:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... c-and-bird

Oh some melancholy is in the air today, here are 2 new patches from Subscription Set No. 22 to be released within the next days - Elves Choir and Dreamland:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/e ... mland-iris

Yur breaking my heart, eoh aw auwh ner naw, are things so bad ?, The world can start on the sunny side tomorrow again that's true na-na naow is it not soooo ?

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Yur breaking my heart, eoh aw auwh ner naw, are things so bad ?, The world can start on the sunny side tomorrow again that's true na-na naow is it not soooo ?
laaaaaloooool - things are fine, just when I imported that vocal sample I recorded with a singer a while ago and then made this theremin-like instrument in Iris with the strong natural vibrato of the singer I got into melancholy-mode :)
mieeeauuu-na-na-ni-laaaa

It's brilliant for sure!

Return to “patchpool”