Eternal Rise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would say something between techno, aicd, ambient, improvisation and psychedelics: (reposted because it still didn't get its way to the tracker system)
http://www.blank-media.it/res-prototipi ... l_rise.ogg
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

You're operating on my wavelength. Dance music becomes interesting when you turn down the oppressive kick drum and let the other elements hypnotically morph and mutate. Very nice track. :tu:

I suggest posting MP3s since many devices don't recognize OGGs.

i really liked the way thats all the elements are go together
great build and melody

FrantzM wrote:I suggest posting MP3s since many devices don't recognize OGGs.
Yes, you got the spirit that's behind these productions, well
I like OGG better than MP3s because it preserve the high frequencies in a proper way.

Anyway reference albums are FULLY DOWNLOADABLE in CD quality from here:
http://www.blank-media.it/prototypes.html 8)
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

I understand your concern about MP3s. The high frequencies on my track were slightly muffled after MP3 conversion.

However, if you want people to hear your stuff, I think you should try to make it as accessible as possible. I suggest also making MP3s and SoundCloud available. Average listeners don't care about audio fidelity. They are listening on earbuds or crappy laptop speakers.

Expecting people to go to your site, download a large ZIP file, and burn a CD for tracks they can't preview is not realistic. Research of internet usage has shown every extra mouse click or step you require, loses people. People expect to hear music instantly and can't be bothered going through all those steps unless its the new Radiohead album or something they really want.

FrantzM wrote:I understand your concern about MP3s. The high frequencies on my track were slightly muffled after MP3 conversion.

However, if you want people to hear your stuff, I think you should try to make it as accessible as possible. I suggest also making MP3s and SoundCloud available. Average listeners don't care about audio fidelity. They are listening on earbuds or crappy laptop speakers.

Expecting people to go to your site, download a large ZIP file, and burn a CD for tracks they can't preview is not realistic. Research of internet usage has shown every extra mouse click or step you require, loses people. People expect to hear music instantly and can't be bothered going through all those steps unless its the new Radiohead album or something they really want.
I understand your opinions but I care less about losing people than losing proper listening experience. If I wanted to be famous or other second purposes, I would certainly not make this kind of music, you see? :wink:

Suit yourself. However, I don't think creating MP3s means you are trying to be famous like Britney Spears. For example, I would like to hear more of your music but I won't download large ZIP files. I'm not sure who will.

FrantzM wrote:Suit yourself. However, I don't think creating MP3s means you are trying to be famous like Britney Spears. For example, I would like to hear more of your music but I won't download large ZIP files. I'm not sure who will.
what's the problem in downloading 500MB? it's just about 15 minutes with a slow connection... if one does and pack his copy at home, that means he liked the video or OGGS. That's all, do it or leave, I think it's ok. Things are too easy these days, believe me. :wink:

omer_maman wrote:i really liked the way thats all the elements are go together
great build and melody
yeah that's the real purpouse, rotating things freely, no pre-arrangement at all! :P

Acrobat wrote:
FrantzM wrote:Suit yourself. However, I don't think creating MP3s means you are trying to be famous like Britney Spears. For example, I would like to hear more of your music but I won't download large ZIP files. I'm not sure who will.
what's the problem in downloading 500MB? it's just about 15 minutes with a slow connection... if one does and pack his copy at home, that means he liked the video or OGGS. That's all, do it or leave, I think it's ok. Things are too easy these days, believe me. :wink:
I for one wouldn't waste my time d/l stuff I couldn't try first. Also, you may have a superfast broadband connection but many people don't. Plus there are probably quite a few who now live off their phones that have limits and slow speeds.

Is it really so difficult to offer both?

sl23 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I for one wouldn't waste my time d/l stuff I couldn't try first. Also, you may have a superfast broadband connection but many people don't. Plus there are probably quite a few who now live off their phones that have limits and slow speeds.

Is it really so difficult to offer both?
I do WANT to make things difficult. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”