Silent Way and Moog CP-251

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, yesterday I tried to use silent way to achieve midi synchronization with my moog CP-251. I have a RME UCX with DC-coupled balanced output (phone output). I plugged a Y stereo to mono cable and plugged the tip as described in the manual. I patched the tip on my moog pedal in circuit. Is this correct? Can I use CV signals as pedal input for midi synchronization? If so, which plugin should I use?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Not sure what you're trying to do, since the CP-251 doesn't have a MIDI input. What are you trying to synchronise, exactly?

Hi, I want to create a CV that simulates pedal pressed, is this possible?

What kind of pedal?

Hi, the CP-251, from moog, has pedal in input, such as EP-2. I don't know how is the standard control voltages for these pedals, so I don't really know how what kind of signal to use, LFO or DC.... I know that the pedal is able to control the LFOs rate through these connection.

Expression pedals are usually passive - they don't produce a CV by themselves. You could possibly feed a CV into the pedal socket but you'd have to know how it was wired. It's not designed for that, certainly.

Just sent an email to moog asking about the pedal in signal input. This kind of setup should work, hopefully they will give me some clues.

the pedal input on the 251 are powered (all the inputs with white rings around them). I think the EP-2 does 0 to 5
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Expert Sleepers”