What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Silent Way and Moog CP-251

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk

Moderator: os

malleo
KVRer

4 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby malleo; Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am Silent Way and Moog CP-251

Hello, yesterday I tried to use silent way to achieve midi synchronization with my moog CP-251. I have a RME UCX with DC-coupled balanced output (phone output). I plugged a Y stereo to mono cable and plugged the tip as described in the manual. I patched the tip on my moog pedal in circuit. Is this correct? Can I use CV signals as pedal input for midi synchronization? If so, which plugin should I use?

Thanks,

Marcelo.
os
KVRian

920 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby os; Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am

Not sure what you're trying to do, since the CP-251 doesn't have a MIDI input. What are you trying to synchronise, exactly?
malleo
KVRer

Postby malleo; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 am

Hi, I want to create a CV that simulates pedal pressed, is this possible?
os
KVRian

Postby os; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:33 am

What kind of pedal?
malleo
KVRer

Postby malleo; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 am

Hi, the CP-251, from moog, has pedal in input, such as EP-2. I don't know how is the standard control voltages for these pedals, so I don't really know how what kind of signal to use, LFO or DC.... I know that the pedal is able to control the LFOs rate through these connection.
os
KVRian

Postby os; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 am

Expression pedals are usually passive - they don't produce a CV by themselves. You could possibly feed a CV into the pedal socket but you'd have to know how it was wired. It's not designed for that, certainly.
malleo
KVRer

Postby malleo; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

Just sent an email to moog asking about the pedal in signal input. This kind of setup should work, hopefully they will give me some clues.
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

3205 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from Prattville, AL

Postby SJ_Digriz; Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:25 am

the pedal input on the 251 are powered (all the inputs with white rings around them). I think the EP-2 does 0 to 5
I'm not insane. I'm reality challenged.

Moderator: os

Return to Expert Sleepers