Scarbee did it again! Scarbee Rickenbacker bass for Kontakt!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's talk about this new great sample library from Scarbee:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... newsletter

I love it and you?

Andrea
Guitar, Drum and Bass sample libraries for Kontakt
www.pettinhouse.com

Did they?

Anyway, with some reservations, see e.g. already existing KVR thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5203067

Hi Harry right I didn't pay attention. By the way I wanted to talk only about this library. The other thread is about which between this and that :)
www.pettinhouse.com

pettinhouse wrote:Hi Harry right I didn't pay attention. By the way I wanted to talk only about this library. The other thread is about which between this and that :)
Very important things said just about this library there - 90 % of the thread content is about the Scarbee/NI Rick. I mean: deviding the discussion makes it less fruitful, otherwise is the same how many threads exist and who have started it. H.

Once again I didn't pay attention that there was already a thread about it. I forgot to search for something similar before posting it. I just received now the email from Native, I listened the demos and as a fan of this bass I was so excited to post it. :)
www.pettinhouse.com

Damned shame they didn't get Mike Rutherford involved and his use of the 'Rick-O-Sound', fuzz pedals and so on. Now, he was a - if not THE - Ricky 4001 player!

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi Hollowsound

I recorded the Rick-O-sound so if you can route the pickups separately if you have Kontakt 5.
Thomas Hansen Skarbye
Singer, Bass Player & Creative Director, SCARBEE
Websites: www.scarbee.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/scarbee

This sounds wicked !

Great job and congrats for then endorsement.

I hope you'll do more electric basses in the future, or why not guitars (acoustic steel)...

I'd like to have a Musicman Bongo 4-strings, perfect for deep and round hip-hop and urban music bass sounds.

Michael Rutherford? MICHEL RUTHERFORD?! Chris Squire, you mean, right?!

Alex Cremers wrote:Michael Rutherford? MICHEL RUTHERFORD?! Chris Squire, you mean, right?!
No. Squire was bombastic flash; Rutherford was/is sheer (and overlooked and underrated) class!

Cheers,

Stephen

Mr.Scarbee wrote:Hi Hollowsound
Hollow Sun! ;)
Mr.Scarbee wrote:I recorded the Rick-O-sound so if you can route the pickups separately if you have Kontakt 5.
That's great but Mike had a very distinctive sound through his unique and unconventional use of fuzz pedals, MXR phaser, etc., with different pickups feeding different effects. I am sure that is technically possible with this but I am not sure how well Kontakt's effects/simulations will deal with that.

But don't get me wrong, Thomas - you've done a magnificent job with this and it sounds absolutely fabulous. I was just being a bit facetious with my reference to Rutherford who, in all fairness, was/is a bit of a maverick when it comes to bass tones. But I realise this is a bit niche.

Congratulations on a truly excellent library.

Cheers,

Stephen

hollowsun wrote:
Alex Cremers wrote:Michael Rutherford? MICHEL RUTHERFORD?! Chris Squire, you mean, right?!
No. Squire was bombastic flash; Rutherford was/is sheer (and overlooked and underrated) class!

Cheers,

Stephen
I love it when Mike Rutherford is given the respect he deserves!

It's amazing how much talent was in the five-man Genesis lineup with Gabriel, Collins, Banks, Rutherford, and Hackett. Mindblowing.

The manual doesn't specify the number of round robin samples that the Rickenbacker library has. Would anyone be able to mention it here?

Also, does this library capture the higher frequencies characteristic of the Rickenbacker?
Last edited by synchronizer on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Scarbee, Can you route the pickups separately in the kontakt player, or do you need the full kontakt 5?

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”