Selling my Kawai EX Pro Library (No iLok required !!)

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys,

STILL SELLING MY KAWAI EX PRO LIBRARY.

!! this version does not require ilok and works with kontakt. !!

50 eur (paypal)

you will get access to my acoustic samples account where you can download the library files.

*up*

40 eur

Hi,

I'm sorry, but i will not allow this. We now use iLok for a good reason, we have no guarantee that you will not keep the library after selling it.

Best,

thysm00 wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry, but i will not allow this. We now use iLok for a good reason, we have no guarantee that you will not keep the library after selling it.

Best,
Acousticsamples won't profit from using iLok. There are so many products that don't require an ilok. So it's likely that people who want to buy their first product from acousticsamples don't have an ilok. Therefore people don't start to buy from acousticsamples as the first product + ilok (40€ !) cost too much.

UVI products also use iLok but not everybody needs to use UVI products :roll:

Seriously? You are posting this here? In our support forum?

but he is right :hihi:

i'm glad that i've bought the kontakt versions of 4 of your librarys years ago.
i woldn't buy an iLoked Library and also i wouldn't install another stupid plugIn to use a Library.
There are other ways like watermarking which is used by a lot of other companys.
As far as i like your Librarys, there will be no future buy from me.

thysm00 wrote:Hi,

Best,
no nice words. beside that you assume (at the very outset) your customer is a swindler (really bad propaganda for your biz imo) what exactly is the loss you had then?

ps. i believe in the good in man, my mum told me. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ANYONE - who says it's wrong to protect your property would feel the opposite if: You wrote and recorded a cd, and someone stole it and released it for free or profit before you made any money from it. There are lawsuits about this kind of THEFT. This 'property', as you all seem to view it, is only a licence you purchased for you and ONLY YOU to use the product- not own, not resell. Clear?

shep wrote:ANYONE - who says it's wrong to protect your property would feel the opposite if: You wrote and recorded a cd, and someone stole it and released it for free or profit before you made any money from it. There are lawsuits about this kind of THEFT. This 'property', as you all seem to view it, is only a licence you purchased for you and ONLY YOU to use the product- not own, not resell. Clear?
no one here was talking about not to protect software.

i also do understand that i buy a license but as far as i know a license is tranferable here in europe.

There are lawsuits about this kind of TRADE:

English:
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0094en.pdf
An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the
use of his programs downloaded from the internet
The exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by such a licence is
exhausted on its first sale
german:
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0094de.pdf

french:
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0094fr.pdf

spanish:
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0094es.pdf

Clear :?:

No, and I'm fairly sure you're not - remember EULA? You follow the individual EULA you agree to when purchasing your use licence. Sonar has always forbid any resale. I have like 5 Sonar editions, but that's what I/we agree to per EULA. I love Sonar, so I keep agreeing.

mh, i have bought my acousticsamples librarys from their site and i really like the librarys i have bought from them, so i am also not thinking about to sell them.

and for the eula, no matter what i have agreed in the past, when a company does business from or to an country which is based in the european union, they have to accept the european law.
An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the
use of his programs downloaded from the internet
The exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by such a licence is
exhausted on its first sale
Under that directive, the first sale in the EU of a copy of a computer program by the copyright
holder or with his consent exhausts the right of distribution of that copy in the EU. A rightholder
who has marketed a copy in the territory of a Member State of the EU thus loses the right to rely on
his monopoly of exploitation in order to oppose the resale of that copy.
...the principle of exhaustion of the
distribution right applies not only where the copyright holder markets copies of his
software on a material medium (CD-ROM or DVD) but also where he distributes them by
means of downloads from his website.

If that is something EU, they could grow into treating authorship like authorship of music, literature, etc. Legal or not, it's still not right in my book. But as far as reselling on the author's website, that's just plain bad form.

I just saw the Acoustic Samples libraries on sale today. I was ready to purchase several of the libraries until I saw that they require Ilok or Ilok mgr. installed on my PC.

That persuaded me not to make any purchases from Acoustic Samples. I do not purchase from any vendor that requires Ilok anything.

Well... We do not require an ilok dongle anymore... Only a free ilok account,the user that started this topic has a version that requires on and wants to sell it, but if you purchase from our website, you can simply register your library to your computer.

Best regards,

Arno

Thank You for the reply Arno.

I understand that an ilok dongle is no longer required but you still have to install the ilok manager software on your machine which means that the user is still held hostage by Pace.

I may be in the minority but I've had nothing but issues with Pace system. There is little support available unless you want to pay extra for it. There is No phone support. It can shut you down at the worst possible moments. It is just not worth it to me. Too many other good libraries available that does not require this type of protection racket.

I have been through the experience and will never go through it again. I am sorry that you have suffered loses that require you to think that your software is safer using the Pace systems. It must be an expensive way of trying to protect your software.

Realistically, there is No absolute protection system available and the successful software dev's understand this and just accept the fact that there will be loses due to criminal activity. They focus on making the best software, updates, and service as possible. They also try to price their software that makes it easier for most to purchase.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Kind regards,
Rick

Return to “AcousticsampleS”