RapidComposer as plugin on OSX

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting. I did not know about the routing possibility in Logic. Well, I never used Logic and do not have much experience with music software on OS X. Which are the most commonly used VST hosts on OS X?

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Interesting. I did not know about the routing possibility in Logic. Well, I never used Logic and do not have much experience with music software on OS X. Which are the most commonly used VST hosts on OS X?

Thanks,
Attila
Cubase and Live followed by Studio One and Reaper at a guess. And Metro.

Thank you!

Attila

ChiTown24 wrote:
whether there is gain or not in catering to logic users is his decision. if he made an AU it would only need to output midi to the IAC, from there it can be easily routed back in to Logic.
That might work, althought it's been reported in forums that it doesn't work properly due to timing issue, but it would be all but easy to use.

Gamma-UT wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:Which are the most commonly used VST hosts on OS X?
Cubase and Live followed by Studio One and Reaper at a guess. And Metro.
You can add Protools, Digital Performer, Energy XT, Renoise and Mulab to the end of the list but Logic Pro and Garageband are certainly on top on the list.

Whatever happened to the VST version on OSX?

Sorry, it was delayed as it turned out it was much harder than previously thought.

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Sorry, it was delayed as it turned out it was much harder than previously thought.

Attila
But it's still in the works Attila? Any ideas of how long it might take?

Yes, it is in the works. I will spend 3 days with it this week, and I will see how much work left or how hard it is to finish. I'll post the state of the plug-in in this thread on Sunday.

Thanks,
Attila

Good news here! The VST plug-in started to work on OS X:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/ReaperScreenShot.png

Some minor UI work remained, and lots of testing. If all goes well, it will be released around the end of the next week.

Thanks,
Attila

Very nice! Looking forward to try this!

The RapidComposer VST plug-in for OS X is available now!
Please let me know if you experience issues with it.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:The RapidComposer VST plug-in for OS X is available now!
Please let me know if you experience issues with it.

Thanks,
Attila
This is too cool! I'm experiencing NO!!!! issues. In fact, now that I'm able to run it as a plug-in, it's proving to be more stable then the current Mac stand alone version. I have four DAWs installed on my machine that support VSTs. They are; MOTU DP8, Cockos Reaper, Ableton Live (8 and 9), and the new release of Tracktion 4. All of them scanned and loaded Rapid without a hitch. I've only had time to test the transport with Tracktion 4 as of this post but damn! what a nice plug! I quickly got it to push some nice arpeggiated chord progressions into U-he Zebra 2 right away using patterns and progressions taken right out of the Rapid libraries and it just sounded way too nice!

All the formentioned Mac DAWs support AU and VST plugs simultaneously although, MOTU DP8 requires a choice to be made between the two in preferences. Garageband/Logic users do dominate the Mac market for DAWs sense GB ships with all new Macs. GB projects also open up in logic so GB users usually end up migrating to Logic. Both GB and Logic are AU only. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an AU release for Rapid.

Great job on this wonderful plug. I read a thread on another site that said a youtube demo is in the works. Is that true?

Lol how do you not crash it on OSX? i crashed it with in 30 seconds VST in Live9.

Does no one else click hitting on the keyboard while changing settings at the same time to hear the changes you are doing right away? IF i do this I can crash RapidComposer everytime.

Thank you, funkystrings, for trying the plug-in in so many DAWs.

sufista, will you please detail the steps necessary to reproduce the crash? We could fix it in a few hours and upload a bug fix update.

Thanks!!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”