TesslaPRO mkII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was that really ported?

To my understanding - the crosstalk was the "stereo channel" crosstalk like VCC/NLS/whatever. Else the consoles reacted (leveled down) on overload.

Because else I'd see a crosstalk mode with like 16 channels, where the first channel has a crosstalk into the 12th (which is far apart on a console - and should not happen!) kind of artfical and forced.

Hm... maybe I simply underload StripBus too much to notice it...

But this is not about SKNote, it's about VoS. Two different beasts.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes, if you load two Strip instances, e.g. voice and drums, you'll hear the voice coming out from the drums channels, if levels and x-talk are high enough.
revolutionary? Yes :D
Sorry for hi-jacking, it is just because this point is always a bit confused (and I love Bootsie's products, ear, attitude and documentation).

Compyfox wrote:
But this is not about SKNote, it's about VoS. Two different beasts.
it was about VoS until you changed that when you corrected thermal by making a false statement about Strip...

Compyfox wrote:
Hm... maybe I simply underload StripBus too much to notice it...

To be frank I wonder how you managed to fail at noticing it.
Last edited by jens on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes I did answer to a thing regarding SKnote, but it's still about VoS - and I directed the thread back towards that direction. No need to be nit-picky about it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Apology for false claim accepted!

Respected and liked are two very different things. Social skills don't grow on trees.

Now i direct back to the topic so it's cool that i hijacked a little.
:hug:

I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?

Endor-8o8 wrote:I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?
thats the plan.
follow me on Image

bootsie wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?
thats the plan.
Great to know :).

bootsie wrote:
thats the plan.
OMG that's great to know, do you have any idea about the kind of emu you're willing to add ?

can we get a -18 mix level switch like you have on thrillseekerla? that would solve a lot of problems an make it easy to use

Agreed, wsaidah. That would be just peachy. Maybe Bootsie should consider adding the -18dB/0 switch to all of his plugins. Many of us are mixing at normal levels these days, and it gives the opportunity to ones that don't create even more distortion. :D So it's more "creative". :hihi: But TesslaPro in particular works alright, and I usually find it has enough headroom, I even have to boost the signal... hmmm

Just a switch, not different plugins like ThrillseekerXTC black and blue, it's less work to do. ;) Even though they both look kinda nice.

Today I just wished to have a Mojoseeker kinda plugin. It would be just the "Drive" and "Mojo" part from the thrillseeker, as that's what I use the most. :D The thing is, also, that when I'm testing bootsie's plugins, sometimes weird things happen [as in weird distortion, aliasing appears suddenly from nowhere] with his plugins, mostly with EQs, and it happens in unpredictable manner, and I guess it's Synthmaker's issue, of course. But it doesn't happen with anything "driving" audio. ;)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

i never used his EQs but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it

wsaidah wrote:i never used his EQs but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it
Oh yeah, the "interstage" of ThreelseekerLA sounds wonderfull, too! Actually, better to my ears than even TesslaPro. Probably because TesslaPro is meant to be more subtle. Our ears like distortion... :D But the only way to turn off the compressor is turn the "range" to 0. He could make a great saturation plugin just with the interstage. Maybe even call it "InterstageLA". :lol: It's just a bit of an "instant magic" for everything. Love it. Not for mastering, though. Just separate tracks, of course.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

wsaidah wrote:... but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it
Nice tip - I just did that and it sounds excellant, turned the sidechain to external to keep the compressor off. :tu:

kylen wrote:
wsaidah wrote:... but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it
Nice tip - I just did that and it sounds excellant, turned the sidechain to external to keep the compressor off. :tu:
Indeed a VERY nice tip ! using TSLA that way, one gets a VERY nice bleaching machine :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”