Princess Singer (dual-guitars mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

version 1: Princess Singer

2: http://mrblitz.info/mrblitz_7704_Princess_Singer.mp3

dual-guitars: http://mrblitz.info/mrblitz_7704a_Princess_Singer.mp3

ft. tray diablo on drums

...wanted to get this one recorded with 'normal tuning'.

(title edit before it sinks forever into the kvr archives. previously titled, Redux: Princess Singer (100bpm wobble rock))
Last edited by PurpleCatfishBettie on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

This one seems to be more "direct" that the earlier version I heard about 6 months ago. I like the guitar and drums on this version, (especially that punchy snare) and again, I think your vocals here have more clarity.

Good work :)

seismic, thanks... and bump... cuz this is my 'favorite version ever'.

(it's got some new bits in the mix as well)

Awesome.

As usual!

I really dig those lazy drums and the vocals and guitar are spot on as always.

This could be track one on a Best of Blitz compilation. In this programmed, sequenced, quantized, auto-tuned, preset world, there is no one quite like Mr. Blitz.

indeed, this could be track 1 on a 'best of' collection. thanks.

with this new mix, there's terry west mojoe on the mixbus, and the low end on the guitar is opened up.

the bass instrument has a low shelf, with resonance pointing at 200hz; and it's driving open the width of a notch filter on the guitar at the same freq.

when the bass instrument is not playing, the notch on the guitar closes.

also, now the guitar is pushed back a bit, so maybe the guitar seems lazy now, rather than the drums.

finally, the vocals seemed just a wee tad late before, so i pulled them forward a smidgeon.

if nothing else, the guitar on sounds to have more 'crunch' than before.

although with the classic reverb on it, it sounds like maybe a sort of 'bathtub' or 'very short delay' kind of tone in the highs. can't tell whether i like that or not, but the low-end sounds cool.

This version certainly has a "tighter", "cleaner" sound. Preparing for radio airplay?

Good work

:)

mrblitz wrote:Princess Singer

ft. tray diablo on drums

...wanted to get this one recorded with 'normal tuning'.

(title edit before it sinks forever into the kvr archives. previously titled, Redux: Princess Singer (100bpm wobble rock))
Really cool song and also nice to hear a tune with mostly real instrumens

after reading the thread while hearing the previous version, the remix made me giggle a little :hihi:

tasty playing and you've such a unique voice reminds of some lost proggy cross between jack bruce and... am i thinking of john wetton of kc perhaps? and i like your phrasing

always good to hear a mrblitz tune 8)

Again, I love the guitar on here.....kinda wild, kinda wow :)

debra1rlo wrote:... am i thinking of john wetton of kc perhaps? and i like your phrasing.......
Big KC fan???
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrblitz wrote:how about this new mix: http://mrblitz.info/mrblitz_7704_Princess_Singer.mp3

?
I like version 7703 much better. The drums are buried and buzzy on the new version (7704).

thanks for the feedback! i'll need to investigate the drum thing.

another thing is taking the guitars from the 2 respective mixes, and combining them l/r. that sounds pretty wild.

neat intro on the dual guitars, but unless you meant it to be shoegazy i think it's kinda swallowing your vox compared to previous versions, maybe just needs more eq/carving/whatevah... hmmm, ok, could just be my ears but i was getting a little more vox after the solo, but it could be my ears :shrug:

but i do like the dual guitars :)

damn you can wail :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”