QIN Engine standalone?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the user manual but wasn't able to gather if the QIN engine is able run by itself, or if it needs to be used with in a DAW?

I'm considering purchasing the whole collection, but I want to make sure I can implement it the right way into my setup. All sequencing work will be done on a Mac, and I will have the QIN engine running on a secondary PC as if it were just another sound module. I don't have a DAW installed on this PC and would want the QIN engine to run standalone. Is this possible? And if so, will I lose any functionality compared to running it in a DAW?

Thanks!

Hi heffer,

Thank you for your interest in our product.

QIN RV can be run as a standalone host because it comes with our Small Host. However, Small Host is a very basic host, lacking many crucial features. Say, no multi-audio out capability, nor can SH save its status as a project, and in some rare cases it could malfunction.

The standalone mode is included to give our users a easier way to play with our instruments out of the box. A proper host is recommended if you want to use QIN. But if you just need what Small Host can do, then sure you can use it.

*You can download GuZheng Classic and give it a try first. The standalone mode
is included.

http://www.chineekong.com/freebies.htm

Return to “Kong Audio”