What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Vectrik Freeware

Official support for: concretefx.com

Moderators: topaz, Concretefx

KVRAF

3493 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 am Vectrik Freeware

Hi there

I've decided to make Vectrik freeware. This is because it is very old, and the way it works means that I can't guarantee that it'll work in all pc systems, so it's not fair to offer it for sale give there is a good chance that it might not work.

I apologize for anyone who has bought Vectrik, but I can't really carry on selling it, due to the above.

So Vectrik is now freeware, but I can't give any support for it, as mentioned before it is very old, and so might not work in every system. It was written in delphi, and I don't even have delphi anymore , so I am not updating it or fixing it. Anyone using it, your on your own :)

So you can download it at the following places

http://www.concretefx.com/VectrikDownlo ... kSetup.zip

with an update of the dll at

http://www.concretefx.com/VectrikDownlo ... rik_11.zip

and the serial is

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

1220 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from Bristol UK

Postby bronxsound; Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 am

thnaks for that :)
KVRAF

1604 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks
I can't live without Kubik
I'm sure It will be the same with this one
You're generous and talented!
KVRian

689 posts since 26 Jun, 2008, from Czech Republic

Postby FarleyCZ; Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 am

<3 Delphi. Sweat highschool programming. Is it possible to develop plugins in it now when that new company's developing it instead of Borland? I'm not able to buy a license for it, just courious. :)
KVRAF

17152 posts since 12 Jul, 2003, from West Caprazumia

Postby jens; Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Everything Jorgen Aase up to XT2 had been programmed in Delphi - all his plugins and all of his hosts... Delphi applications tend to have an innovative depth to them that many C++ counterparts lack (just look at Adder, at Kubik, at Digital; look at eXT 1.4; look at ElectriQ) - and it appears Jon is the only former Delphi coder who managed to bring (at least some major part of) his mad scientist novelty over to C++
'I don't know what makes XT2 sound at least 15% better than XT1, but it simply does.' - DJT

http://www.myspace.com/rustymagicmusic
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 pm

I liked delphi, creating gui's is so much easier in than in c++. However delphi wasn not on the Mac (there apparently a Mac version called XE2 now) but that wasn't around when I started with Mac stuff), so c++ it had to be, for cross-platform development.

About developing with the new version, I suppose so, but it's been so long since I last used it, so my opinion is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

17152 posts since 12 Jul, 2003, from West Caprazumia

Postby jens; Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 am

Concretefx wrote:I liked delphi, creating gui's is so much easier in than in c++.

That might explain why many Delphi applications are so deep - I assume if it's easy to make certain ' more esoteric' functions accessible to the user, it's more likely that they will end up being implemented. For instance, by far the most complex LFOs I ever came across are those in Kubik.
'I don't know what makes XT2 sound at least 15% better than XT1, but it simply does.' - DJT

http://www.myspace.com/rustymagicmusic
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 am

Hi there

Well delphi's IDE allows you much to more easily put in controls, and connected them up to the code, so making development easier and more rapid. For c++ I have to do it all in code & the register file, which makes things slower.

About the LFO etc, delphi has a good range of functiosn which allow such things, but then again c++ has a lot of them as well.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

4680 posts since 25 Apr, 2002, from the bottom of the barrel

Postby spacedad; Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:07 am

just seen this.
very kind,jon.
many thanks!
(if you ever need copies of my old crap,hit me up)
KVRAF

Postby spacedad; Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 am

shame,but i'm having no luck on win7 here.tried ext1/2 and savihost.
crashing host.
anyone had any luck?
KVRAF

1604 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 am

Crashing FL10 too :(
KVRAF

Postby spacedad; Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am

boo.:)
maybe it's a system file that delphi relied on?
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi there

I imagine the memory management used in it doesn't play nicely with Win 7 (especially in 64 bit).

One of the things I would like to do is an update of Vector, but I would need to convince Rob :)

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

Postby spacedad; Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 am

yeah,i have got win7/64.
though i put it in 32 folder obv.
thanks for the info,:)
just another reason to hang onto my winXP machine.(or figure how to install virtualPC)
KVRer

5 posts since 26 Sep, 2012

Postby deep808; Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks, looks pretty interesting 8)

Moderators: topaz, Concretefx

Return to ConcreteFX