[video premiere/free d/l] I Still Have Nightmares - Straight Jacket [psst - teh debz!]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cool stuff, both sonically and visually!
:love:

Great guitar chops in this. The bassline sounds like it will be fun to play live. Nice track. :)

god i love that bassline. it reminded me in places of The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - the grunge psychobilly vibe. excellent.

neil.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Haven't seen the video (dial-up), but I downloaded and listened to the song. The sound/mix is really good, and the song itself is well done. Some cool freakout bits in it. Enjoyed. Thanks.
Dial up!?!?!?? :shock: I had heard rumors it still existed, but up until now... :o :hihi:

Well, if you downloaded that song from dial up than you deserve this from the band and I: :clap: Your patience is commendable. Thanks for listening and taking the time to leave feedback. :)

vurt wrote:cool stuff, both sonically and visually!
:love:
thanks john! :D I owe you a pm too, this weekend. ;)

Jazzyspoon wrote:Great guitar chops in this. The bassline sounds like it will be fun to play live. Nice track. :)
yeah jazzyspoon, it is fun to play live. but i was told last night that i don't smile enough in the video. musicz r serious business!!! :wheee:

thanks for checking it out and leaving feedback! :D

macmurphy wrote:god i love that bassline. it reminded me in places of The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - the grunge psychobilly vibe. excellent.

neil.
thanks for checking it out neil! the band will be happy people are seeing the video and digging the song. :tu: :)

What a cool, driven tune..Psychobilly, that's a new one on me..cool video with a bass line I'll end up stealing given time.

bluedad wrote:What a cool, driven tune..Psychobilly, that's a new one on me..cool video with a bass line I'll end up stealing given time.
thanks for checking this out gary... i don't know if the band feels they're very psychobilly (psychobilly tends to be more rockabilly sounding than this does, imo, and we run along more the Siouxsie/Killing Joke gamut normally) but we are big Cramps fans so it's not necessarily a bad thing :)

and because i didn't write this one, i have no problem with you stealing the bass line as i was going to steal it as well :hihi:

Cool. The band reminds me of a former co-workers band called Child Bite, perhaps you have heard of them? They have opened and I think toured with Killing Joke briefly.

The diminished runs in the middle of the song always conjure up images of psychotic horror.

NICe! Garage/Goth, a dash of The Cramps(I love The Cramps!) and pinch of The Fuzztones! Yes, music and video are perfect! The is you on bass, Deb? :love:

abstractcats wrote:NICe! Garage/Goth, a dash of The Cramps(I love The Cramps!) and pinch of The Fuzztones! Yes, music and video are perfect! The is you on bass, Deb? :love:
In the video, yes, buuuut... actually it's not me on the recording :o (though I play it at every gig) it's the drummer, who has been playing bass longer than me... see, the band pretty much had the CD finished when I joined save for a couple bass and guitar parts... i could have done the bass part had i wanted to kick in a full share $$$ for recording costs... seeing as i have already paid for a studio on my computer as well as hundreds of plugs, I passed... i will be recording the next one for the band and playing all the bass, plus we'll be adding keys and backing vox to the new songs we've written...

err, sorry to go on there... thanks for checking it out scott! :D

metalifuxx wrote:Cool. The band reminds me of a former co-workers band called Child Bite, perhaps you have heard of them? They have opened and I think toured with Killing Joke briefly.

The diminished runs in the middle of the song always conjure up images of psychotic horror.
Aw, thanks for checking it out and your feedback :D... hadnt heard of Child Bite but will look them up, I'm sure our guitarist and drummer might have heard of them as they are uber KJ fans. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”