What happened to Kirnu..?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to remember reading here that the developer was working on version 2.0, but that was ages ago. Does anyone know if it's gonna happen..?

:?:

I'm not sure if it has already been discussed here elsewhere but it is definitely coming soon, Kirnu 2 is now Kirnu 'Cream' and going into public Beta soon, more info/updates and teasers over at their facebook site, looks great.

Guess I'll just be patient then. I can't be bothered with freakbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynSuzY9Ru4

Go to 2:20 min. into the video for release info.

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/KirnuArp

Sorry, but you are going to lose customers with that video- how to make utterly derivative, boring, predictable, gutless cheezetrance thats been done 10 zillion times. I'm sure your syth is capable of much more than this.

tony Smyth wrote:Sorry, but you are going to lose customers with that video- how to make utterly derivative, boring, predictable, gutless cheezetrance thats been done 10 zillion times. I'm sure your syth is capable of much more than this.
I'm not the developer, just found the video, that's all.

tony Smyth wrote:Sorry, but you are going to lose customers with that video- how to make utterly derivative, boring, predictable, gutless cheezetrance thats been done 10 zillion times. I'm sure your syth is capable of much more than this.
It isn't a synth, it's an arpeggiator. Do pay attention.

Besides which, if the product is well suited to highly arpeggiated dance music, which also happens to be quite popular worldwide, seems like a reasonable approach to marketing don't you think?!

I'm not a huge fan of that genre, and I think it looks like it has great potential. Perhaps we should wait for the actual product to surface before we draw hasty conclusions eh?

Thanks for the video ostfront!

Marketing? Kirnu is freeware now. Is Cream going to be commercial product?
Signature blocked until 5000000 posts made.

The Kirnu Arpeggiator is freeware. But you are a customer of Arto Vaarala? :o

Metanol wrote:Marketing? Kirnu is freeware now. Is Cream going to be commercial product?
Yes, it seems that Kirnu 2 aka Cream is going to be released as payware. Which is not a surprise, i think the developer really worth it.
And for these who don't have money (me for example) we could keep using Kirnu 1 without problem.
It is the best free arp. Good gui, nice features, low on CPU and easy to understand.

Have a nice day :)

I have no problem paying for Kirnu Cream, though I do hope it isn't pricey.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Dissing trance is now almost generic, and when it's done without regard to the thread at all but just for another chance to do so it's just sad really.. :dog: As if anybody can't diss your preferred music style.. :roll:

Kirnu Cream looks great though with the 'sequencer' and all, just hope it's not going to be too expensive..

V'ger wrote:
Dissing trance is now almost generic, and when it's done without regard to the thread at all but just for another chance to do so it's just sad really.. :dog: As if anybody can't diss your preferred music style.. :roll:

Kirnu Cream looks great though with the 'sequencer' and all, just hope it's not going to be too expensive..
Dissing trance is already out of fashion really. All the cool guys have been dissing brostep for years.
Signature blocked until 5000000 posts made.

V'ger wrote:Kirnu Cream looks great though with the 'sequencer' and all, just hope it's not going to be too expensive..
What do you think would be a good price for that tool?

Depends on the features etc, but it must be compared to other arps and for example Arp!0 is packed with features and free so it can't be that much. But of course a lot people is going to want it just for the GUI which will take up a notch.

@Metanol: Let's diss the dissers favs.. 8)

Return to “Instruments”