Powerful Sound | SuperSaw chords

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I get this powerful sound from the super saw chords. The sound comes in at 2min 32 seconds
https://soundcloud.com/marcelbrys/head-up

Sounds like he sends the channel to the bus channel with reverb.
EOS Dark plate? Reverb time?

Layering sylenth1 for supersaw synths ?

anyone?

i would also love how to make this sound, i currently got a track that i want to finish waiting for this kind of big room synth to come in!

Yeah

First - recreate the exact melody in your daw with MIDI. Make sure you re-create the deep bassline underneath it. Otherwise you will think "ah this sounds weak and not the same"

Then load up Sylenth1, init patch, put your saws on free run (turn off the orange re-trig button) and load up 8 saws, detune and widen. You can do the same with OSC 2 and put it an octave higher if you want. Just tune it to taste from there but it's just a big supersaw sound. What really makes it sound huge is the chords they are playing, it's always that way. And the layering of some other sounds behind it.

You can experiment in a few ways like this: Put the second big 8 osc supersaw osc an octave higher, but turn the level low until it just "fades into" the first osc. In other words it wont sound like you have 2 octaves playing, but it will sound like one octave but you will hear higher notes quietly in behind it. It just sounds like a richer supersaw. You can do the same with pulse waves or square waves or triangle waves. Just make them quiet until the merge with the general sound and just add "tone" so you don't hear the square wave you just hear a richer saw.

Things like that. But this one in the example sounds pretty basic, which is nice and simple.

Now, thats the supersaw. There is also another layer sort of in-front of it. For this layer, probably just another 4 osc saw or something, detuned but mono or almost mono. Turn the filter down a little so it's not so bright, so you hear more of the mid-range instead of the high end. And turn it up and I think you will have something similar.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Oh and you have to set your voices to 16 and lengthen the release times of your amps.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Oh and you have to set your voices to 16 and lengthen the release times of your amps.
Thank you very much for replying. I appreciate it very much that you were detailed like that. Do you have a soundcloud with any of your tunes?

I practised some chords and played with Sylenth1 like you said. Tell me if I got close
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/18650920/file.html

anyone ?

DJMikeB wrote:anyone ?
Sounds nice. But are you using the chorus? You should make the mix much less if you want clear chords.

My soundcloud is here: https://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Sound Design”