Passion Flute subtleties with an EWI4000s controller

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, checking in. hope all is proceeding well!

Still chugging away--I'm redoing a lot of the sample programming to suit the new script, which means setting new tuning values and start points.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

cool cool cool cool

Tony Ostinato wrote:cool cool cool cool
Indeed - coolio!
Always learning....

It must be sometime soon now!

Hopefully it'll be released before the piano library? (which I have zero interest in). No offense Greg, but piano libraries just aren't my thing.

Also, I wonder if the new script will benefit the MesaWinds library too? :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I don't think it'll be done before the piano library's release date. I mean, the piano library is already complete, but I just have to prepare things for the website and other release-related tasks.

That being said, the main thing I'm working on right now with the Passion Flute update is redoing all the tuning/phase alignment. The whole note handling engine is being re-written from scratch, and I'm taking a different approach to handling the legato, etc., which is why there's so much work to be done. But the end result is that the flute will be much more responsive and CPU efficient, which is good news for wind/breath controller players.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

sounds like good news to me!!

Because a lot of the guys from this thread are now involved with the beta testing (we have a private beta testing forum), I wanted to give you all a public update on progress.

We're a few days away from starting the alpha/beta testing, and the Passion Flute update is coming along well! I'm really happy with how the response and playability has improved--although I'm primarily focusing on making it work better with wind/breath controllers, the keyboard performance has been improved as well.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Looks like tomorrow we'll start the official beta test for the Passion Flute update!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Looks like tomorrow we'll start the official beta test for the Passion Flute update!
Greg, as a recent purchaser of PF and a budding EWI player who has struck similar obstacles to those raised here, I am really thankful for the work you are doing. I've been watching the progress here with great interest. I imagine there are a lot of other silent observers.

Cheers mate. And thanks also to the faithful beta testers!

Let me know if you'd like to try out the beta version that we're currently working on. It's progressing nicely, so hopefully it won't be too long before the official release of the update.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Looking forward to the update, though I have to say that even in its present incarnation this instrument is extremely usable, and a lot of fun. Greg, I was wondering whether the successful sampling/programming experience you have gained with the flute has prompted you to consider attempting that holy grail of instruments, the jazz saxophone.

Basjoe

Gregjazz wrote:Let me know if you'd like to try out the beta version that we're currently working on. It's progressing nicely, so hopefully it won't be too long before the official release of the update.
More than happy to be involved Greg, by all means get in touch.

Greg, First post on this forum so pardon me if this has been mentioned already regarding Passion Flute. I'm happy to see you're working on an update. I've been writing a lot of music that is supposed to sound like that "groovy" stuff from the 60s and Passion Flute is great for that.

One thing I noticed is that the F# two octaves above middle C has one of the samples that sounds about a 3rd lower in pitch than the rest of the samples. I'm sure you'll address this in the update as you mention you are going through the tuning but just wanted to mention it if it hasn't come up yet.

Thanks for all your hard work!

John Mazzei

I would like to try the beta too, with my WX5.

Kind regards

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”