What happened to NovaFlash, Delamancha and other SE devs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NovaFlash has made some of the best freeware synth VST plugins, like Oxytocin for example.

But their site was barely updated in 2012, and little information to be found in general (especially for those not speaking french).
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you mean synths with the best looking guis. i wasnt too fond of there synths sound wise but they did look killer.

I don't know, he stopped beta testing SE apparently, probably because it did a lot of harm, one time it didn't even work on a new OS he got.

All the old school SE users are pretty much gone except for payware now.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Don't know. He used to maintain the SE resource list as well, but he said he didn't have the time and means to continue doing it. The list is now maintained by Daz from whiteLABEL - cool guy; if your in Britian - check out the SoundSpiral project - it's insane!

P.S. I've been with SE for 7+ years - does that make me old-school?

Regards
Andrew

Hi
I know him a bit from various interweb stuff. He's alive and fine, afaik.
I know he's gotten a bit more into hardware and DIY projects : just the same thing as before, but with a soldering iron ;)
I can't talk for him if he stopped/made a break/just didn't find time to keep on updating his instruments and FX, but he may chime in here sooner or later ;)

And yes, i agree, his plugins are fine !

sinkmusic wrote:I know him a bit from various interweb stuff. He's alive and fine, afaik.
Good for him :tu:

Hopefully will have time to follow up the Uniwave project.

It's a bit sad that they abanonded Oxytocin, but I guess they had taken it as far as they could.

the french website said he was looking for a job, so maybe he got a new job with a heavy burden, so i guess, he will come back when he will have more spare time

Hello all,

thanks for yours kind words, and thanks Sink to have reported this thread.
I have frozen VST dev. since 1 year essentially due to synthedit evolution
(too slow) and after 10 years of VST i have decided to go back to the hardware.
But the more recent VST are maintained if a bug is reported.

cheers,
Eric

Good to see you around :tu:

I used Oxytocin VST a lot in the past, and is having a bit of renaissance with the NovaFlash plugins at the moment.

That is why I asked why there had been so little activity on the NovaFlash webpage of late. But I understand your SynthEdit issues, but hopefully a new version that allows for 64 bit plugs will be released soon.

Oxytocin :love:

Numanoid wrote:but hopefully a new version that allows for 64 bit plugs will be released soon.
Unfortunately all third party modules will be lost with the x64 SE version.
One more reason i have stopped to release something new :(
Oxytocin is very complex inside and use modules released for SE v1.0,
unstable with v1.1 the current version. DH the author of the
third party modules have totally stopped his module support since 4 or 5 years.

Following the user support group always, i am not optimist about a near x64 release. I am not alone, lot of well know SE dev. have stopped too.

this doesn't stop people from continuing to make 32bit
plugins with SE 1.017 and 1.1

whether people can get them working with 64bit systems
depends on the community. shame to dump all previous
work in the name of progress, when a lot of them work
perfectly well. everyone runs around shouting '64bit!'
like it's the armageddon...

I'm not dumping SE plugs, I still use them, it doesn't matter much to me that they are 32 bits.

But I can understand a developer taking a break from Synth Edit, if he feels he have exhausted its possibilities and cannot get further with it.

I wouldn't want a 64-bit OS, right now on Ebay you can find dual core desktop-refurbished for under $90.

When those dry up I hope the Lord blesses me w/the wind.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I've used everything made by Novaflash from the very start and love it all, thank you very much. I was rather startled recently when popping by and discovering that phasm VST is now deprecated, since not only do I love it but it's used as the signature lead in one of my favorite songs - which only means there's probably something even better in the newer batch I downloaded (I've been gone a long time, mind you).

I was completely baffled by the SynthEdit beta, and I think perhaps on my Windows 8 x64 system there's some dependency missing since clicking on stuff in the leftmost column doesn't cause anything to happen, but I'm not a developer so I can wait til it finally gets done being made.

Return to “Instruments”