A super-simple request and one not so simple one

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. I can scroll horizontally and vertically in the equalizer/whatever view, but not both at once, the vertical one takes precedence if I try to do diagonal. Please add this?

2. I don't know much about EQ/filters, isn't it possible for the Q to be more precise like with the frequency and amplitude? Like if it scaled to the zoom level that would be awesome

Anyway I'm trying out MEqualizerLinearPhase and the zoom-in feature is so great, I tried pretty much every EQ on the web and tried making (well modding) my own in Jesusonic, I thought I needed a lot of bands to do what I wanted but with MEq even with one band in a really precise spot, my instruments sound 1000x better already. Even if the filters didn't sound so great I'd still use it for the precision alone.

Ok, one more idea, give the option to plot any two parameters on an XY grid with zoom like with MEqualizer etc. Haha just an idea though. Maybe you already did that and I missed it?

maybe hold down some button while using the arrow keys for a faster scroll too

Hi there,

so :

1) How are you scrolling exactly? Anyway if you hold ctrl+alt+shift :), and then drag, you can scroll in both directions ;).

2) I don't really understand this at all :oops:

About XY - I'm afraid there's not much space left in already crowded GUIs and some hosts even provide this feature, so it would be kind of useless. I'll think about it though.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi there,
2) I don't really understand this at all :oops:
well right now the Q only goes as accurate as 0.01, it would be nice if it could go to something like 0.0001 precision if you adjust the Q while zoomed in

That won't be possible I'm afraid - technical reasons and quite frankly such Q have proven to be very useless and sometimes dangerous.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

oops, sorry again, I meant the /adjustments/ could be as small as 0.001 or lower? like a 0.9999999999 Q, something as accurate as that. I know extremely low/high? Q values are dangerous, I was just asking to be able to 'zero in' on a certain Q value better

Well, just hold Ctrl for fine-tuning ;)
Vojtech

that's not bad but the Q still jumps immediately from 17 to 20. If there's something where the curves can't really be 'drawn' at smaller intervals then whatever. It just weirded me out because everything else about the EQ is so exact

DJ Saint-Hubert wrote:that's not bad but the Q still jumps immediately from 17 to 20. If there's something where the curves can't really be 'drawn' at smaller intervals then whatever. It just weirded me out because everything else about the EQ is so exact
Well, I think you are really overthinking it. Q is logarithmic, so it is actually inconvenient to have high precision in higher Q values. If you want some specific value, you can enter it as text. But if you work using ears (as most of us do and should be doing), the differences between Q 17 and 20 is very little and in fact you will rarely use these as it can create quite some postringing.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”