This is going to sound stupid but...(Maschine & Spark)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Andy that's kinda how I assumed it to be. I've been eye balling the analog four for.a while to use in a live situation, which also boasts the parameter lock functions and figured it was more than automation, but wasn't quite sure

been watching the Maschine tutorial videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajIniQuUz5w

Really getting sold on this. Especially the tagging library. Also how nice it would be push pads instead of clicking a mouse!

Also this works in stand alone right? So I could make customer kits and so on in down time without the need for the computer.

So the integration is perfect?

Also whats the difference with the Mikro?

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I'll try to describe p-locks but as always it's better to use it than read about it :)
and can one you Machinedrum users explain how parameter locks differ from recording automation into a pattern like you can on maschine or electribes?
It's a bit like per-note host automation, or motion sequencing on the Electribe series but that doesn't quite capture what p-locks are capable of.

With Electribes AFAIR only a limited number of sequences may be recorded for each part. p-locks are limited by a global pool, so an individual step could be setting values for 10 or 15 parameters. It all happens in real time and 0 latency. Hold step - set parameter(s) - done. It's very intuitive once the interface is learned.

Peace,
Andy.
Is step automation in maschine the same as p-lock? I don't use it much cause the values aren't relative but only just clicked to use that to adjust values on individual steps instead of event select...

@Aiynzahev, Maschine is amazingly stable but i always scan new plugins anyway and anything that crashes gets blacklisted. it's single core but it's pretty efficient unless it's a really demanding diva. :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Aiynzahev wrote:been watching the Maschine tutorial videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajIniQuUz5w

Really getting sold on this. Especially the tagging library. Also how nice it would be push pads instead of clicking a mouse!

Also this works in stand alone right? So I could make customer kits and so on in down time without the need for the computer.

So the integration is perfect?

Also whats the difference with the Mikro?

Sami
Mate it's the best thing i ever bought for composing music with a computer but it needs one connected, hardware is essentially a midi controller with a software front end. You can use the software on it's own with a mouse though.

Maschine /Mikro Comparison: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... ?page=2919

hi,not standalone in how you mean...
its an app so doesn't need a host to run...but it does need the computer... everything is on the computer.... maschine is just the controller.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:hi,not standalone in how you mean...
its an app so doesn't need a host to run...but it does need the computer... everything is on the computer.... maschine is just the controller.
rsp
Shame
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I had an Mpc 2000 once, it was a really romantic idea, but when I actually got the clunky thing in my studio I couldn't believe people still used it. It was like going back to the 90's. Waiting to load samples, hundreds of clicks and menu pages. Weird. Definitely not for me.
You can't compare the MPC2000 (which I also had) to Maschine. Maschine doesn't have any of those inherent limitations of standalone hardware like you described. It's the best of both worlds actually. Intuitive, hands-on and still powerful and flexible.

musikmachine wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:I'll try to describe p-locks but as always it's better to use it than read about it :)
and can one you Machinedrum users explain how parameter locks differ from recording automation into a pattern like you can on maschine or electribes?
It's a bit like per-note host automation, or motion sequencing on the Electribe series but that doesn't quite capture what p-locks are capable of.

With Electribes AFAIR only a limited number of sequences may be recorded for each part. p-locks are limited by a global pool, so an individual step could be setting values for 10 or 15 parameters. It all happens in real time and 0 latency. Hold step - set parameter(s) - done. It's very intuitive once the interface is learned.

Peace,
Andy.
Is step automation in maschine the same as p-lock? I don't use it much cause the values aren't relative but only just clicked to use that to adjust values on individual steps instead of event select...

@Aiynzahev, Maschine is amazingly stable but i always scan new plugins anyway and anything that crashes gets blacklisted. it's single core but it's pretty efficient unless it's a really demanding diva. :hihi:
Maschine's step automation is basically the same thing as Elektron's p-locks. I prefer Maschine's way as it's way faster to work with since it allows you to make changes to multiple steps at once.

I ended up paying off my bills and with what was left over, I picked up a second hand Mk1 Maschine. It should be here any day, but I'll definitely run it through it's paces and let you know what I think.

I originally had one when it was first released, but it was still buggy then. Im sure by now every one of the bugs is ironed out, and it works like a dream.
:borg:

bunny wrench beat me to what I was going to say.

It's come a long way since i got mine in '09. Still has a way to go with the stuff that's on the roadmap but NI have been pretty consistent with the updates and they are done very well in relation to workflow. Spend some time with it anyway and RTM and hardware reference guides.

@bunnywrench i thought so, thanks.

Wormhelmet wrote:If the software wasn't so kick ass, I would have been tempted by these other two and in fact, am still tempted by Maschine.
i have maschine, but i find it more awkward than geist! if geist only had a custom made h/w interface. i haven't the time for detailed midi mapping, although it looks like i'm going to have to do it some time soon. any suggestions (other than the one above) for h/w midi interfaces for geist?
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”