Shreddage2 bending in FL-studio without wheel?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In a demo video for Shreddage X it seemed to be so easy to bend single notes but I can't manage to reproduce it with Shreddage2. The users manual says something about CC11 but I have no clue how to link that to the FL piano roll. I can't use a normal mod wheel and the one of Kontakt5 Player is not good for recording the wheel live because it is so extremely sensitive which makes it rather hard to hit the correct strength, length, etc.
Is there a way to enable it similar to Shreddage X?

1. Go to the Kontakt menu and select Browse Parameters.

2. Right click CC11 in the Browser and select Edit Events.

3. Close the window and go to the piano roll. Right-click the area to the left of the automation panel. CC11 will be available.

4. Draw your unison bends as you see fit.

Thank you, that was very helpful. The only thing I still can't figure out are the portamento slides. I know that the notes need to overlap each other but I don't get it, I switch them on in the Shreddage2 GUI of Kontakt5 but it won't work. I know that it works as it is shown in the Shreddage X video but how? I'm sorry to ask such stupid questions and many might find the solution on the net but I can't find it. The FL manual ain't no help either.

You can't just overlap the notes, you have to make sure the second note is in the specified velocity range.

Couldn't you just edit the channel pitch for the selected shreddage instrument? It's not 1:1 pitch bend, as 600 cents will bend the note one semitone as opposed to 100 cents, but it's worked for me. Does CC11 do this more elegantly?

CC11 bends a single note when two notes are playing. The pitch wheel would bend all notes at the same time.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”