MuLab 5.0.31 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:About the menus: Whether the app settings are grouped in a single tabbed/treelisted dialog or accessible via a bunch of separate menu options does not make a big difference, imho, the number of clicks will be the same i think. And anyway, editing setups is something that is only done rarely, most of the time your setup will stay stable and you'll be concentrated on making music, right?
The idea of grouping settings is more about knowing where they are. If you know then, as you say, the number of clicks is the same. If you don't then you have to search first and then it requires the same number of clicks.

I noticed that when I updated to the latest version (full) my MuClips disappeared? I copied my "User" folder to the new version but they disappeared? Not sure what happened?

I don't know what you did but hopefully for you you didn't overwrite your user folder and thereby deleted your muclips. In that case hopefully you have a good backup system.

Also... I'm curious if the PC folks can scroll thru presets in their plugins from the keyboard? I can't on the Mac version of MuLab which is a real PITA with plugins like Blue, Alchemy and Analog Factory to name a few of the ones I use... Really tedious and time killing.

:roll:

mutools wrote:I don't know what you did but hopefully for you you didn't overwrite your user folder and thereby deleted your muclips. In that case hopefully you have a good backup system.
My templates/sessions are still there, just the MuClips seemed to disappear?

DHR53 wrote:
mutools wrote:I don't know what you did but hopefully for you you didn't overwrite your user folder and thereby deleted your muclips. In that case hopefully you have a good backup system.
My templates/sessions are still there, just the MuClips seemed to disappear?
Can you find them on the harddisk, in your MuLab user folder?

Everything (User) was copied except the MuClips it appears... maybe I forgot to put them in the right place or something... Glad I didn't have a lot of em' :)

Everyone should use shortcuts for functions they use a lot. Technical knowledge has nothing to do with that. What's technical about adding a shortcut? I only have to press 'v' for changing velocity instead of going through the menu. I don't see how anyone would not want to have shortcuts for their fav functions.

it's about what people are used to and their preference. It's not just about ease but if your brain doesnt instantly realise that the shortcut is also available then you simply mouse click. It has to become second nature before it becomes useful but some can't be bothered to learn that skill. Ease of use is irrelevant.

It does take some repetition and a concerted effort to get used to the shortcut method... As a graphic designer for 20 years I can attest to that. When I started using Logic, the first thing I did was set up cmnd. keys that reflected the same ones I'd been using for years in other DAWs. So when I started using MuLab again I set the same keys up for similar functions... easier to remember. That's the beauty of shortcuts, that you customize... you can use them anywhere you go. :)

In DAWS I prefer to work with one hand on my mouse and the other on my midi controller most of the time :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

My keyboard is hidden under my midi keyboard so i can't see it, only touch.. :) Typing goes fine as you can see, but hitting certain keys without using both hands for touch method is a bit harder (i have sandpaper and various pieces of plastics glued on certain keys for navigational help :D)
:hug:

DHR53 wrote:It does take some repetition and a concerted effort to get used to the shortcut method...
I used to shun the keyboard shortcuts, but have tried to learn to use them a bit more. But this is how I know it takes a lot of learning for it to become useful. Currently the keyboard is rarely used by myself, so when I come to use shortcuts in any app I need to remember to use them, I even sometimes catch myself thinking 'Which is quicker, mouse or keyboard' before copy/paste/delete,etc. This process slows down productivity in any situation.

So though the keyboard can be a lot quicker it takes time to recall the shortcuts and for it to become second nature to make the decision to use them a fast one. But it's good that they are customisable in mulab as it's always an option.

sl23 wrote: So though the keyboard can be a lot quicker it takes time to recall the shortcuts and for it to become second nature to make the decision to use them a fast one. But it's good that they are customisable in mulab as it's always an option.
And even more since you can build up complete macros for shortcuts now...
I love my new space bar shortcut which stops playback and automatically rewind to last user position now...

Did NOT know of that! I love macros!

Jo has done a fantastic job with version 5 :-o
:hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”