Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cotdagoo wrote:Is any of this information being shared with users who do not use the forum here?

ie:
- update to the website informing of the new version
- emailing paid customers
- putting the update on kvr / "my KVR"

I personally haven't received any emails about this update, and only because I replied to this topic did I even find out (due to the notification emails from kvr).

Just would be nice to have more of a heads up than this..... don't think it's asking a lot.
No, it's a pre-release version.

oh.. another beta. okay.

Lennard wrote:Hi,

Simply redownload Sylenth1 from the links in your license email.

Best regards,
Lennard

Lennard!! How good to see you here :D

Thanks! :hail:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote: Lennard!! How good to see you here :D

Thanks! :hail:

Yes in deed :) More communication (one-way i mean lennard -> customers) would change a lot and makes it even easier to know if and what is gonna happen.

I think every customer would be very happy if Lennard will change his strategy not to communicate about new development :)

But what about the 64 bit version for Mac OS ? Sylenth1 in Studio one does not see in 64 bit mode.

Lennard wrote: No, it's a pre-release version.
Finally, will the new ''official'' version ? (in the near future) :D

Greetings :)

I am fairly new to music production in general,
but I have been playing the piano and the violin for ages.

Sylenth1 has been recommended to me by a friend as a good synth to practice (subtractive?) synthesis on. Is the current version compatible with Windows 8?

I wanted to download the demo, but googled first to check
if it's compatible with my OS and stumbled upon this forum.

Reading through, I guess the fact that the registration doesn't work
will not be an issue since I will be using the demo
so the "Thank you for trying this demo" nag
will be actually appropriate (lol).
I can get rid of it by downloading the beta anyway,
if Sylenth1 sounds good. Another friend told me it sounds "fake"
but I'll just see for myself I guess.
I already have a pair of okay monitor headphones
and an external USB audio interface.

But what about the crashes mentioned?
That would be a major buzzkill.

By the way, my OS is Windows 8 Professional 64-bit,

but Ableton Live runs in 32-bit as of now.
Can I still load 64-bit DLLs in a 32-bit software
and take advantage of my RAM and CPU architecture?

Trying to decide what demo to download, in case it works with my OS.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the info.

DaedalusProject wrote:By the way, my OS is Windows 8 Professional 64-bit,

but Ableton Live runs in 32-bit as of now.
Can I still load 64-bit DLLs in a 32-bit software
and take advantage of my RAM and CPU architecture?

Trying to decide what demo to download, in case it works with my OS.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the info.
Hi DaedalusProject,

Sylenth is in deed not fully supported under Windows 8 yet.
The problem with the demo sound was fixed in the full version.
The demo version will play that sound as this is one of the restrictions.
I dont know if Ableton Live got a bridge to load 64-bit plugins.
If so, this wont be a problem. The only requirement is to have a 64-bit os.
Only driver must be native 64-bit in such operating systems.
I would prefer you to use the 32-bit version, as without any bridge it would be better i think.

I cant say something about a crash bug (had nothing), but you can try the demo and see if this happens.

BTW the 32-bit version also has some bugs in Windows 8. I found out, that you cant control the knobs with the scroll wheel anymore.

ddcool

Hey guys, I've been using S1 myself for 2 years.

The first time installing Win8 gave no problem with using Sylenth1,
using Win8PRO 64bit, and Cubase 6.5 64bit and Sylenth1 64bit of course.

No I hate the whole bridging thing, so I don't use 32bit plugins anymore in my projects, but sometimes I need to dig into something, so I made an other partition for using old projects and thus my 32bit plugins.

As I was installing this - Win8PRO 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit and Sylenth1 32bit,
something went wrong. I can use the plugin after activating it, but the "this is a demo-stuff" keeps coming back. As I stumbled upon this forum I tried to jBridge the 64bit Sylenth1, to a 32bit one, and this worked! :)

I'm very happy bout it, so thanks guys; I wanted to post this as a confirmation and stuff ;-)

Take care

I "THOUGHT" i worked out a fix after a couple of failed re-install attempts (before I saw this thread and seen there was an update)...

DID NOT WORK lol... after 30 minutes or so it came back, i ran installer in compatibility mode for Vista, seemed like it had worked but after a while it came back on

rusetsky wrote:But what about the 64 bit version for Mac OS ? Sylenth1 in Studio one does not see in 64 bit mode.
Yep, I'm waiting on this too. :(

AntoniosTarlizos wrote:Hey guys, I've been using S1 myself for 2 years.

The first time installing Win8 gave no problem with using Sylenth1,
using Win8PRO 64bit, and Cubase 6.5 64bit and Sylenth1 64bit of course.

No I hate the whole bridging thing, so I don't use 32bit plugins anymore in my projects, but sometimes I need to dig into something, so I made an other partition for using old projects and thus my 32bit plugins.

As I was installing this - Win8PRO 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit and Sylenth1 32bit,
something went wrong. I can use the plugin after activating it, but the "this is a demo-stuff" keeps coming back. As I stumbled upon this forum I tried to jBridge the 64bit Sylenth1, to a 32bit one, and this worked! :)

I'm very happy bout it, so thanks guys; I wanted to post this as a confirmation and stuff ;-)

Take care

why did you need to do that when official 32 bit FIXED version which can coexist is available in your USER account to download for any legitimate user?

Theo, what USER account? I don't remember ever having a USER account at Lennard Digital. Updates were usually announced via an email from Lennard that contained links with a name and a password sent in that email. Each email for each version had a unique name and password.

In a previous post in this thread Lennard said "Simply redownload Sylenth1 from the links in your license email". Well, that email came from Share-It and the links expired in February 2007... SIX YEARS AGO!!!

TheoM wrote:why did you need to do that when official 32 bit FIXED version which can coexist is available in your USER account to download for any legitimate user?
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

If you lost your license email, simply send us an email from your registered email address to get a new one.

Lennard wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:Is any of this information being shared with users who do not use the forum here?

ie:
- update to the website informing of the new version
- emailing paid customers
- putting the update on kvr / "my KVR"

I personally haven't received any emails about this update, and only because I replied to this topic did I even find out (due to the notification emails from kvr).

Just would be nice to have more of a heads up than this..... don't think it's asking a lot.
No, it's a pre-release version.
since you popped your head in Lennard, I still haven't received an email about this update - is it pre-release still after 3 months? or have I missed an email?

Return to “LennarDigital”