A new Delay effect patch to share

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another Delay effect, based on the Vintage Echo patch.
I added a diffusion unit, which works like a reverb and can diffuse your delay signal.
It's based on an early Schroeder design and very cpu efficient.

Added is a Diffusion knob which acts like a dry/wet for the reverb.
The Reverb Time lets you change the room size. It will not produce hall size spaces. It's more in the direction of ambience/room.
It will probably color your signal, but i think that's more a bonus than a problem in this application.

Download is from Jo's MUX Dropbox in the Effects/AndreasD/M5 Effects/Delay folder
HERE

Enjoy!

Hi Andreas, thanks so much for your patches! I didn't know there was a dropbox where they all are shared :o

Is there way to tell which of those patches are already in the factory banks and which ones are not or are perhaps enhanced versions?

And have you already done a clean brickwall limiter for the master bus? :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Thanks for this Andreas, I used the vintage echo so this adds a bit extra ;-)

I was wondering why there's no compression modules/patches? Is this not possible in the mux yet? I have a few ok plugs for compression and limiting but be nice to have some presets for mux.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Niels: I have done a Limiter. It's not transparent, but can be used to gain a bit of overall loudness. Look inside and you see why ;)
I have created a Dynamics folder in the Effects/AndreasD section. It's in there.

I admit that my entire folder needs a bit of cleanup. I want to wait until M5 is fully released and then go though the lot and update them.

@sl23: Have you tried the factory Compressor with Sidechain. There is a Parallel Compressor in the above mentioned folder.
What else you need?

Thanks will test it. I just need something where I can set the output ceiling and see that an audio signal never exceeds the amplitude of the threshold.

I wish MuLab would offer something to visually represent (in numbers) the current db signals. Would be very helpful for tools like limiters and compressers! :)

And I really wish the GUI's in MuLab would also allow sliders instead of only knobs.

Nice one thanks again Mr A ;-)

Nielzie wrote:Thanks will test it. I just need something where I can set the output ceiling and see that an audio signal never exceeds the amplitude of the threshold.
The output gain in the Simple Limiter is the max output level. If things start to sound saturated, reduce the input level.

Nielzie wrote:And I really wish the GUI's in MuLab would also allow sliders instead of only knobs.
Just quick thinking loud: What's the advantage of a slider compared to a knob? I mean a slider translates up-down or left-right into a value. A knob does the same but takes less screen space. And a knob even is bi-directional which is an extra advantage.

mutools wrote:
Nielzie wrote:And I really wish the GUI's in MuLab would also allow sliders instead of only knobs.
Just quick thinking loud: What's the advantage of a slider compared to a knob? I mean a slider translates up-down or left-right into a value. A knob does the same but takes less screen space. And a knob even is bi-directional which is an extra advantage.
There's no real "advantage" to a slider vs a knob I guess (although I personally feel I can be more "exact" with setting a slider in some cases, like with a limiter), but in the bigger picture, having both sliders and knobs has an advantage in my personal opinion:

- It would give a lot more diversity between the GUI's when used both
- Therefore it looks better (IMO)
- Different sections will stand out more from each other on GUI's with both sliders and knobs sections, so they are easier to find and manage

I prefer knobs personally but perhaps a thinnish slider wouldn't take up much more room than a knob. Perhaps you could change the parameter name size and have a tooltip for the parameter value as it's adjusted?

It helps 'see' an envelope better too.

sl23 wrote: It helps 'see' an envelope better too.
Ah yes, that too of course. Envelopes! :)

sl23 wrote:I prefer knobs personally but perhaps a thinnish slider wouldn't take up much more room than a knob. Perhaps you could change the parameter name size and have a tooltip for the parameter value as it's adjusted?
The new MUX front panels allow "Mini Knobs" much like you describe. Andreas uses them on his new Channel Strip.

What about buttons? :)
:hug:

It's on the wishlist, together with many other requests for the MUX front panels. In fact it all comes down to a kind of generic UI designer system. Needs some serious extra thinking work.

mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote:I prefer knobs personally but perhaps a thinnish slider wouldn't take up much more room than a knob. Perhaps you could change the parameter name size and have a tooltip for the parameter value as it's adjusted?
The new MUX front panels allow "Mini Knobs" much like you describe. Andreas uses them on his new Channel Strip.
Yeah I know thanks I've been using those, but my point was for envelopes. Just my opinion.

Can't wait for buttons and the other stuff ;-)

Return to “MUTOOLS”