bkFX v0.8.0 - Free Effects Suite - NEW down-/upward compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, the delay is great! All the bk plugins are. After using them for some time, I can safely say that. :D The channel is very useful and quick for making Hass type fx, for instance. Not only that, of course. All the plugins have a certain "mojo" to them, yes, and especially delay. :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

im staying with bkdelay beta 0.1 , love that one, instant dotted, triplet no calculator needed, love that one. two questions: could a resonance slider be added to the filter and how do you feel about a low cpu 4band eq?

Symantec reports a "Suspicious.Cloud.7.F" threat, when the zip file is unpacked. Automatically removes the bkchanneltool, bkclipper and bkfreqsplitter.

Just sayin'.
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

isn't it lovely when antivirus programs removes stuff without asking >.<
:hug:

nice sounding fx,thanks for sharing.
working fine in XT win7.

i like bitcrush/sr combo,and the widening fx on the delay.
nice filtermod too.
made me try your synth too,which is really tasty.
cheers,

(the readme in the beta2 pack wouldn't unzip,damaged file?)
is there a way to make sliders have fine-tune?

Oh yeah, K82, a resonance slider for the delay! :D And more timings. This one rocks, and uses next to nothing CPU.

If you're going to make an EQ, Karrikuh, it would probably be best to have a kinda typical console EQ with 2 parametric mids, high and low shelves, high pass filter and low pass filter. I think that's what K82 is suggesting, isn't it? ;) That makes me wonder, how good are you with EQs? :D Maybe it's not "your thing"?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

No , resonance for the bkmodfilter I mean hehe . But yeah , what you say Dux , typical console style etc. I'm looking for a 4band eq , I like for example Booteq & the bee happy 550 but I hate synthedit & synthmaker stuff as they don't feel snappy , demand too much cpu for what they do and I keep wondering for how long those will be supported by our OS. For example MDA plugins keep working , and as I'm trying to find plugins that I can use for years I think that Karikkuh is the man at the moment who could pull it off, as the rest of the plugins is topnotch too.
2 parametric mids, high and low shelves, adjustable freq and curves, the high pass filter and low pass filter is allready by karrikuh so not shure about that one, could be a overkill as we would have maybe to much parameters then when using daw host gui.

DuX wrote:Edit: Actually, your delay plugin is pretty close, and even better at some aspects than this Pro-53 one... however, if you study it a little bit, you will find that it does work a bit differently. Or rather, studying how it works could give you some ideas to make it even better. ;)
Can you be specific about what features you like about the Pro53 delay that are missing in bkDelay? From a quick glance at the manual, the pro53 delay doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary.

Crackbaby wrote:I really like the delay. Straight to the point and it sounds great. .. and about that.. is there some mojo in there somewhere or does it just happen to have the "right" ranges that makes me create the delay of my ears every time? (please add a simple save function, pref on the fxb it comes with - you can never trust a host to open up the right folder on load and it gets tedious to browse every time :()
No secret sauce in the algorithms really. But, yes, I do invest a lot of time figuring out the optimal parameter values that I consider musically useful. Also, determining an appropriate nonlinear mapping from UI control -> parameter value is an important aspect for good usability IMHO which usually requires a lot of experimenting to get right.

I'm not sure I understand your request: you want the plugin to automatically load the factory preset bank? If that's your request, althgouh I would like to have that, too, I'm afraid it's not really possible as presets are managed by the DAW. Best you could do is post a feature request for your DAW so all plugins can benefit.

DuX wrote:Yeah, the delay is great! All the bk plugins are. After using them for some time, I can safely say that. :D The channel is very useful and quick for making Hass type fx, for instance. Not only that, of course. All the plugins have a certain "mojo" to them, yes, and especially delay. :)
Good to see people enjoying bkFX! Just as a side-note: for stereo widening, don't use the ChannelTool, time-shifting stereo channels against each other results in horrible cancellations when listening to the mono mix. The bkDelay has a dedicated (and rather unique) "Stereo Spread" parameter for creating perfectly mono-compatible widening effects (check presets like "Wide Ambience", "Stereoizer", you might want to play with delay time though to optimize for your specific input signal)

tropicalontour wrote:Symantec reports a "Suspicious.Cloud.7.F" threat, when the zip file is unpacked. Automatically removes the bkchanneltool, bkclipper and bkfreqsplitter.

Just sayin'.
Probably false positive, just checked my VST folder with Clam Antivirus, nothing found.

DuX wrote:Oh yeah, K82, a resonance slider for the delay! :D And more timings. This one rocks, and uses next to nothing CPU.

If you're going to make an EQ, Karrikuh, it would probably be best to have a kinda typical console EQ with 2 parametric mids, high and low shelves, high pass filter and low pass filter. I think that's what K82 is suggesting, isn't it? ;) That makes me wonder, how good are you with EQs? :D Maybe it's not "your thing"?
Not really interested in making an EQ right now. Personally, 99% of my EQing consists of simple highpass/lowpass filtering. For this, I have bkFixedFilter.
In case I do need other EQ filter types, I find the EQ that ships with my DAW just fine. Every decent DAW comes with an integrated EQ that has usually low CPU usage. These algorithms have been around for a while, there is not much to improve there.

My Comodo AV didn't react to the files either.

About presets: What i basically want is to be able to save a patch and then load without going to windows browser. This maybe requires a special load/save system developed by you though. Charlatan could use it too! I know some people are more organized than me and probably don't find it a hinder to use the fxp's and browse .. and load ... and save .. with logical naming .. etc :oops:
:hug:

Thankfully for me, Reaper has its own, and very good and easy to use, preset system, so I'm able to make presets for anything, and I use it extensively. Maybe Mulab could use that, too. ;) I actually tried Mulab sometime ago, and quite liked. It's a very promising DAW. But it's not so easy to change DAWs, huh? :D I still use EnergyXT1 often. :lol:

Mr. Karrikuh, these FX are gems. Have anybody found any bugs, yet?? I haven't so far. That's pretty good for v0.2 beta, ey? :D What's your secret Karrikuh? :D I don't remember seeing many bugs with the Charlatan, either.

That brings me to another point that I cannot stress enough lately - GUIs. Programming the GUI to work properly [not even mentioning looks] is the hardest thing, isn't it? The ASIO priorities and stuff... it's hard to make them work fluently, and I suppose [just suppose] that GUIs are the actual reason for many plugins to be buggy. One can be a great DSP programmer, but have hard time coding GUIs, like the Variety of Sound guy.

So I would kindly ask you if you could also release the GUIless versions on every update, please. There's really not many parameters in your plugins, so that GUIs should be necessary [but they're spot on ;)] Oh, and I really, REALLY like the way you name the parameters by "oct", "dB", and "Hz", that's easy to understand! ;) Rare developers think like that [or have knowledge?] I honestly have more faith in a developer who uses dBs, octaves [or Q, but I prefer octaves], Hz and other musical-technical units [pan law in your modulator!! :D], rather than just 0-100 or 0-127... it shows the way you think - as just another programmer who programs databases, or as a knowledgeable audio-technical person that you seem to be. It means a lot! ;)

Thank you so much!

oh, and never mind the EQ, really - there are plenty to choose from. :lol: And regarding your delay, it is possible to do everything I need with it. It's quite perfect. ;) So never mind the Pro-53 delay...

One idea for the "bkDelay": syncable modulation would be 8)

like the filter. simple and phased,... please check the sync time labels vs modulation

Return to “Effects”