Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for develop, very interesting tool! iш watch the progress.

Another update:

ZynAddSubFX VST v2.4.1.496beta

- Fixed the microtonal component to properly save / load parameters with the host.

- new default Amplitude Envelopes: min db = - 100dB (configurable in the cfg file)

- new configurable 'attack_start_db' setting in the .cfg file
(for compatibility with older patches, so as to not introduce latency,
default -40dB)

- Provided Patch Converter utility to update older patches to the new amplitude
envelopes(make sure to backup patches just in case)

- Modified all included patches to work with the new envelopes (min -100dB)
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Thank you, Jackoo! Great work! :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

oh.. just a quick thought about the converter, if you plan to use it, please only use it once. If you run it twice on the same files it will 'over-update' them, without telling you so.

Of course you can only point it to some local folder to modify only the files you want it to modify. And sorry about using gzip.exe, but I had some issues about using zlib directly. The program calls gzip.exe twice per instrument file (once for decompression, and the second time for recompression) so the screen will flicker with DOS-like command prompts, but it will do the job.

It is amazing that with so many options are still some recall when saving the project (Once upon a time I tried this tool and it did not have such capabilities, I think).
In last time i have not tested the latest version as yet (only 2.4.1.480 - 490alpha), but if the settings changes will be saved corectli and be automated all parameters, it will be expensive contraption.

is a 64 bit vst possible?

don't know how much work it would be, but thought I'd check...

regards, and thanks

as I already said on this thread, it's possible, but highly unlikely to be done by me, anytime soon.

reason why it's possible: VSTSDK2.4 supports 64-bit.
reason why it's unlikely: Zyn uses VSTSDK2.3 which doesn't support 64bit, and I don't need 64 bit really bad (no powerful motivator), and my time is fairly limited.

Fine with me. :hihi:

I don't use those multi-100s of gigabytes-sample libraries that everybody seem to use [??]. I'm starting to think that the majority of people who are asking for 64-bit software actually don't need it. I make whole projects with like 1 GB most of the time [and I do have 4GB, just if you wonder]. What are these people doing that they need more memory? I can bet there's some kind of lack of knowledge involved, or just the vision of huge banana trees. :hihi:

A vanity thing, most likely. I USE 64-BIT SOFTWARE, I'VE GOT THE BIGGEST AND LATEST banana tree EVERYONE HAS SEEN! Lemme show you, you lesser banana tree owner! :lol:

People. Lost cause. :hihi: Trust me, I was human once. :lol:

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with the Zyn as it is. And THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART Jackoo for recompiling it for Windows. I really mean it, man. It's not like seeding a palm tree. It's much more complicated to recompile it than many people think, I know.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm with Dux on this one. I don't see how a 64-bit Zyn would be any improvement over the 32-bit version, unless your DAW is 64-bit and doesn't support 32-bit plugins (in which case I would be yelling at the DAW folks for not maintaining backward compatibility).
With quad core machines now pretty much standard, and 8 and 16 core processors in the pipeline, I would much rather see a multiprocessing-enabled version. :P

Yep, multiprocessing is a whole different ballpark. Not the one filled with banana trees. :hihi: Most of the people do own multicore capable CPUs now, and that's only gonna change in the future for even more cores. It's the reality of things. However, if the Zyn's source is not made for MP from the get go [and it's not], there's a lot of work involved to make it suitable for parallel [multicore] processing. That's more of Paul's chore to make it work. A big chore.

You wouldn't believe how much work it is to make a program work with MP. It's almost a complete rewrite. Unfortunately. :( That's why it is such a big issue for developers. And if your DAW is as good in multitasking as Reaper, you actually don't really need any plugins to be MP compatible. Really.

DuX wrote:You wouldn't believe how much work it is to make a program work with MP.
Oh yes I would :roll:
DuX wrote:And if your DAW is as good in multitasking as Reaper, you actually don't really need any plugins to be MP compatible. Really.

Do tell me more! I had a brief conversation with the Podium developer and he was quite adamant that the plugin had to be multiprocessing-aware in order for the DAW to split multiple instances out to multiple processors. If someone has solved that problem I just might be tempted to switch DAWs :)

DuX wrote:And if your DAW is as good in multitasking as Reaper...
YIKES! OK, so I installed Reaper and started RTFMing (all 400 freakin' pages of it :-o I guess I should be thankful that there IS a comprehensive manual like this, though). Learning curve appears to be vertical - can't test multitasking until I can get it to task in the first place :?
Wish me luck!

Greetings all.

I just saw a new post in the Banks/Patches section and thought I'd refresh the version I have in archive.

The KVR Product page for ZynAddSubFX says version - 2.1.1.
This topic ("Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version") refers to lots of Beta versions but I cannot find a link/reference to the current stable release version :oops:

Can someone update this topic with a link to the current stable version and/or point me to where one is?

Thanks,
Michael.

I agree with you that Jackoo should update the first post in the thread with the link to the newest beta release that is not so "beta", if you ask me. I've seen released software from very well known companies so many times, more beta than this is.

In the mean time, the link to the latest beta is right on this page, second post. :)

Cheers!

DuX is very correct - Jackoo's betas are definitely more stable than many companies' final releases. I have been running his 490 beta for 6 months in Podium and it has been very stable.

On that note, however, I am getting frequent Zyn crashes in Reaper, so it seems that I am doing something wrong. I hit play, and within a few seconds some random track auto-mutes itself because Zyn is outputting some horrible noise at full volume.
What version of Reaper are you running? Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version? And how have you configured the various multiprocessing options?
:help: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”