2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which apps or plugins you bought last year seemed a good idea at the time, but later turned out to be big regrets?

Instead of having multiple similar threads in every section of the forum here, all audio software can be listed here, synth, effect, DAW or whatever.

The products don't have be released in 2012, just bought by you that year.

For me it was FL Studio (too cumbersome to use)
ElectraX (wrongly forced to uninstall/sell by developer)
LinComp (doesn't even start)

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

V'ger wrote:Which apps or plugins you bought last year seemed a good idea at the time, but later turned out to be big regrets?

For me it was FL Studio (too cumbersome to use)
ever heard that IL provide a great functional demo of FL? so why you bought it? pretty unfair imo.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I regret DAW hopping . Buying selling trading Hosts sucks , Im gonna stick with one from now on , but on another note if something new comes out again . lol :hihi:

I use Oxiyum in Cubeass.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I got an app on the iPad this year called sleep talker and it's destroyed my arguement with the missus how much i snore and wheese when im asleep !

absynth, should've just bought zebra...

murnau wrote:ever heard that IL provide a great functional demo of FL? so why you bought it?
Nothing great about it. Just a regular demo. Great would be 60 days fully functional like Reaper. Bought it as it was half price with only a few days left of the sale and was thinking to use it for collaboration. Gave it a fair good shot because of it, but had to park it. Now I can't even sell it because Image-Line (as I believe the only DAW maker?) doesn't allow me to do so.. :dog: (another reason to regret it)

revo11 wrote:absynth, should've just bought zebra...
Absynth is special, but if you were looking for a typical subtractive synth, it ain't that.

Translator Pro.

I was hoping that since it had now reached "version 6" that it wouldn't be such a buggy piece of crap, like the old version was.

Bad news. It's still a buggy piece of crap, but it looks prettier.

I submitted a few bug reports of reproducable errors and heard back the first couple of times, then nothing. No response, no acknowledgements, no requests for more info, nothing.

I have a pile more bugs I've uncovered, but I'm not feeling motivated to bother sending them if they aren't even going to be read or worked on.

Oh well, I got it at half price. I guess I should be grateful.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

V'ger wrote:Which apps or plugins you bought last year seemed a good idea at the time, but later turned out to be big regrets?
Lexicon Total Bundle. Not for its quality but its extreme price drop.
Cowbells!

I don't have any regrets. Quite the contrary. Some of the things I picked up cheap at the auction turned out to be far cooler than I thought when I was bidding on them. It is always good to get more than what was expected.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

who said anything about "looking for a typical subtractive synth"? It's not like zebra is all about vanilla subtractive synthesis.

Absynth is not terrible, my issue is the quality of the oscillators and effects isn't particularly inspiring. I'm not sure if it's an aliasing issue or what, but my reaction to most absynth patches is, "that's kindof a cool processing/modulation concept, but the sound itself isn't that great". With zebra, even the pure oscillators sound damn good.

It does seem to capture a certain 90s-era processing-centric idm sound, but imo everything it does, other synths can do better at this point. One could argue that zebra can't do the sample-based processing, but then alchemy is a few notches above absynth in that regard.
ksandvik wrote:
revo11 wrote:absynth, should've just bought zebra...
Absynth is special, but if you were looking for a typical subtractive synth, it ain't that.

jacqueslacouth wrote:DIVA and Omnisphere, never again will I listen to the hype.
:o
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Instruments”