2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:DIVA and Omnisphere, never again will I listen to the hype.
:o
Yeah, I know, right!? :shock:

The only purchase I really regret was getting Poizone in the Image Line sale. Really didn't need it, I have so many basic subtractives and it brought nothing new to my workflow. It does have an interesting filter, though, so there is that.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

jacqueslacouth wrote:DIVA and Omnisphere, never again will I listen to the hype.
:nutter:
Cowbells!

Zebra. It's nice, but it didn't blow me away. Sorry, Urs. i can see how some folks would love it, but it just isn't for me
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

leggie wrote:I got an app on the iPad this year called sleep talker and it's destroyed my arguement with the missus how much i snore and wheese when im asleep !
:)

More info sir. My wife says I snore, but I don't believe her :)

8Dio Bazantar: Not that it sounds bad, I just don't use it very often.

Albion III - Iceni: I already own Albion I, which is very good, but Iceni just doesn't add enough to the original in my opinion. A lot of similar sounding synth patches, some okay loops and limited percussion. The orchestra part sounds good, but it I don't think it sounds that much darker than Albion I, especially the strings. Not a bad product, but I still wish I spent my $400 on something else.

Sonar X2

V'ger wrote:Which apps or plugins you bought last year seemed a good idea at the time, but later turned out to be big regrets?

Instead of having multiple similar threads in every section of the forum here, all audio software can be listed here, synth, effect, DAW or whatever.

The products don't have be released in 2012, just bought by you that year.

For me it was FL Studio (too cumbersome to use)
ElectraX (wrongly forced to uninstall/sell by developer)
LinComp (doesn't even start)
Not Brainworx XL?

Personally I can't think of anything I bought that I regret. I regret selling LX480 but I bought the full version for a good price so no problem.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Has to be the Lush 101. Not that it's a bad synth but the cpu is so heavy I can't even use it with my current setup.

Well, I had the Mrs. just about convinced I did, in fact, need an ultranova but at the last second I opted to piss all my spare cash on an ipad , as I was feeling a bit like a cave dweller without one. Then I proceeded to buy any and every app related to music. Then I had to have an I/O Dock. I will admit to having a good thirty minutes of musical bliss with animoog. Everything else was a yawn waiting to happen. I found myself mostly using it to watch youtube video demos of real synths while I was sitting on the can.
Finally got rid of it last night. Traded a buddy for a tactical shotgun.
...Anybody need an Alesis I/O dock?

All the cool stuff I bought at no brainer or 50% off deals that I can't even run on my Mac G5! I've got a hundred gb of stuff I'll never even get to load til I get on an Intel mac!

But it's a new gear year at work, with a new Mac Pro, and before the summer sales at NI and IK, I'll have it all up and running! Now I just need a Mini for home for compatibility. Another $700 to run my $15 purchases! Sigh...

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Cubase 7 Upgrade - Last summer I upgraded from Cubase Studio 5 to Cubase 6.5 and then up to 7 when it was released. I'm not too impressed by the new mixer so that upgrade was money I should have spent on something else.

Maximus from Imageline - Very cheap in the recent sale but I can't use any imageline stuff on my 64bit system, they just arent reliable (in Cubase at least). Impulse buy I should have skipped. If it ever comes out as a 64bit plug I'll be happy. (Same goes for Styrus and Toxic Biohazard).

dalor wrote:
:nutter:
Well at least Omnisphere is usable for mutiple tracks in a project. I can understand someone being unhappy with DIVA because of the CPU hit but not Omnisphere. It's a workhorse and sounds better than most.

Something that I really regret buying is Studio One v2 because I am extremely disappointed of it's high cpu usage. I expected the issue to be solved with the last big update, but I ended up being wrong. Many plugins I own need about 4-5x less cpu if I use Reaper.
I like the DAW itself but the CPU problems make it useless for me. Using studio one makes my computer look like I never updated it after my Q6600.
There is no way I am ever going to upgrade to V3 if they don't fix this. It simply does not matter to me how many new features they add if it uses CPU the way it does now.

I bought some waves universe stuff while they had some great specials happening.

As much as I liked NLS & the Kramer bundle with the tape plugin, I felt no need for them when I already had similar plugins.
:borg:

Bitwig

Return to “Instruments”